Forum for asking Fishing Questions

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Forum for asking Fishing Questions

Post by davek » Wed May 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Brett wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Maybe justt do some research on google and after you tried all the options on there ask for advice on here

So what's this place for? To dribble sh1t like you and LX do all day everyday ffs :down:

The guy is on a fishing forum, he wants to ask fishing questions, it's not unreasonable to expect some advice from other members on how to go about it.
Lol Telling it like it is
Yes and I'm all for it, there are more than a few of us that have had enough of the dribble posted for the sake of their post count, there are no prizes or hero status for having the most posts, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Elly27
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Elly27 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Mullet respond very well, to the stimulate burley and there is a paste you can put on your hook.
I will definitely use burley, so the breadcrumbs with water would not be as effective as the pellets?

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed May 23, 2018 5:26 pm

davek wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Brett wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Maybe justt do some research on google and after you tried all the options on there ask for advice on here

So what's this place for? To dribble sh1t like you and LX do all day everyday ffs :down:

The guy is on a fishing forum, he wants to ask fishing questions, it's not unreasonable to expect some advice from other members on how to go about it.
Yes and I'm all for it, there are more than a few of us that have had enough of the dribble posted for the sake of their post count, there are no prizes or hero status for having the most posts, cheers davo
Sounds good, good luck, looks good, hope you catch some

;)

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed May 23, 2018 5:42 pm

davek wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Brett wrote:

Few of us ....
No restrictions on how much you post , if your not offending someone or trolling anyone what's the issue..
Each to their own imo

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed May 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Kimtown wrote:
davek wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Brett wrote:

Sounds good, good luck, looks good, hope you catch some

;)
x2 ;-)

skouta

Post by skouta » Wed May 23, 2018 7:09 pm

Popcorn.gif
Popcorn.gif (458.32 KiB) Viewed 975 times
"I only caught one - the rest surrendered"

bilby

Post by bilby » Wed May 23, 2018 7:44 pm

I notice that some have said that the Yarra is full of mullet ... if so, where and how do I actually catch some in said river? ... Signed, a long suffering mulloway afficianado.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Wed May 23, 2018 8:06 pm

bilby wrote:I notice that some have said that the Yarra is full of mullet ... if so, where and how do I actually catch some in said river? ... Signed, a long suffering mulloway afficianado.
When I used to catch livies in the Yarra, I'd berley the crap out of a spot, then put a tiny piece of chicken on a fly hook. Toss it in unweighted...Boom, a fish a cast. Sometimes I'd put on a tiny split-shot if I needed a bit of distance in the cast.

They can be caught anywhere in the Yarra, Docklands etc. it just takes them a little while to follow the berley trail back.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Wed May 23, 2018 9:37 pm

Elly27 wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:Mullet respond very well, to the stimulate burley and there is a paste you can put on your hook.
I will definitely use burley, so the breadcrumbs with water would not be as effective as the pellets?
If you are fishing an area with little or no current, breadcrumbs soaked in water with a dash of tuna oil is the go. You want to create a very watery mix. As you throw a handful sparingly, you want to create a "mist" of burley throughout the water column. It will bring the mullet to you, without actually feeding them...until they find a bait with your hook in it. In this situation I prefer a float rig. Cast out, and ever so slowly retrieve it. This allows you to be constantly in touch with everything that's going on with your bait. It also makes the bait more appealing to a mullet working the bait in this fashion. Hook size depends on the fish available. Long shank size 6-14. Small pieces of chicken for bait.
If fishing an area with current, chook pellets in a small burley pot hanging in the water is the go. Only half fill it though, as chook pellets expand, before turning into a similar texture as the breadcrumbs. A paternoster rig with same hooks as suggested earlier. Chicken or small pieces of pilchard fillet for bait.
First or last light, or around tide changes are the peak times. They can be caught pretty much anywhere that contains a bit of salt.
Well, the rest is up to you. I've caught thousands of the buggers for livies over the years and these methods have worked well for me.

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Wed May 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Yes and I'm all for it, there are more than a few of us that have had enough of the dribble posted for the sake of their post count, there are no prizes or hero status for having the most posts, cheers davo[/quote]

x2
:cheers:

Return to “General”