Left my rod in Merimbula!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
brybry

Left my rod in Merimbula!

Post by brybry » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:13 am

Just got back from a glorious two weeks in Merimbula. Fishing was great and brained plenty of good Salmon and Tailor of the beaches.

Unfortunately though I left my surf spin outfit at the resort we were staying at, along with a couple of rod holders.

Not too fussed about the rod holders but I want to get my rod/reel back. It’s not a cheap one, is one of my favourites and want it back for the upcoming Vic salmon season.

Short of driving back there to pick it up (which I would do in a flash but for my missus!), I need it sent back to Melbourne.

Aussie Post apparently don’t do parcels longer than 1.2ish meters which this outfit would exceed.

So, looking for recommendations on how I can get it back or courier references that would provide a cheap and reliable service. Appreciate any help.

Cheers

Brian

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Left my rod in Merimbula!

Post by Kimtown » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:20 am

Feel your pain

I bought a brand new lantern from BCF for about 100 bucks a month ago and then left it in Eden when I went on my fishing trip not even a week later

Spewing. It was a ripper too :(

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:21 am

brybry wrote:Just got back from a glorious two weeks in Merimbula. Fishing was great and brained plenty of good Salmon and Tailor of the beaches.

Unfortunately though I left my surf spin outfit at the resort we were staying at, along with a couple of rod holders.

Not too fussed about the rod holders but I want to get my rod/reel back. It’s not a cheap one, is one of my favourites and want it back for the upcoming Vic salmon season.

Short of driving back there to pick it up (which I would do in a flash but for my missus!), I need it sent back to Melbourne.

Aussie Post apparently don’t do parcels longer than 1.2ish meters which this outfit would exceed.

So, looking for recommendations on how I can get it back or courier references that would provide a cheap and reliable service. Appreciate any help.

Cheers

Brian
Maybe the local tackle shop could use their postage system to get it to you, for a fee of course, and maybe buy something extra from them for their trouble as well.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:59 am

ring up tackleworld in merimbula and see if they can help you out

mr plow

Post by mr plow » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm

if you can get it to kia shop i can get it back to moe on the weekend if it helps

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:33 pm

mr plow wrote:if you can get it to kia shop i can get it back to moe on the weekend if it helps
Graceful offer

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:25 pm

smile0784 wrote:
mr plow wrote:if you can get it to kia shop i can get it back to moe on the weekend if it helps
Graceful offer
X 2 :thumbsup:

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:56 pm

Where exactly are you? Has the place you stayed at got the outfit. I possibly could get it back to Bairnsdale for you But not for a couple of weeks. Not sure if that helps much.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:11 pm

as for couriers i,ve used Transdirect for getting bmx,s from interstate very fast and great service but the people at the other end had the bikes already boxed up

baitworms

Post by baitworms » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 pm

The ? is, is anybody going to Merimbula in the next fortnight.
help him out, one day it could be repaid. just think of the blown radiator hose, screwed trailer bearing, broken fan belt.
Somebody stopped to help. its your turn.

Return to “General”