Please give me advice

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Please give me advice

Post by dazz999 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:08 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:Without knowing the greater detail of things you are doing it sounds like you are just going out hoping for the best without a specific target of fish. If your passionate and dead keen on fishing.. do some research and learn about the specific species you are wanting to catch. Locations, tides, moons, rigs, baits, conditions. It’ll narrow things down for you and improve your chances. Nothings guaranteed but if your putting in the hours you’d want to make sure the things you are putting in place are correct.
yep great info i target one specific fish read all i can about it and then go on the hunt till i get them

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:14 pm

dazz999 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:Without knowing the greater detail of things you are doing it sounds like you are just going out hoping for the best without a specific target of fish. If your passionate and dead keen on fishing.. do some research and learn about the specific species you are wanting to catch. Locations, tides, moons, rigs, baits, conditions. It’ll narrow things down for you and improve your chances. Nothings guaranteed but if your putting in the hours you’d want to make sure the things you are putting in place are correct.
yep great info i target one specific fish read all i can about it and then go on the hunt till i get them
Exactly. Online research gets you started, but nothing beats going out there and practising it all time after time again. You learn so much and the rewards are epic when it all comes together

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
russellh2 wrote:Are you a smoker - tobacco smell on hand/hands?? - If so wash your hands thoroughly before you bait up or get a non smoker to bait for you.
Heard of this but i got 2 mates that smoke and they still catch a few
Did they catch smoked fish?
Nope but do get some nice snapper and gummys

Return to “General”