Fishing Trip For Dads 60th

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
TheGreatestGoat

Fishing Trip For Dads 60th

Post by TheGreatestGoat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:44 am

Gday All,

Hope everyone is boating a fish or two!

It's my old man's 60th coming up on boxing day this year and was hoping to get some recommendations on a fishing trip to celebrate. He's not big into parties so I think he'd prefer to wet a line.

Haven't really worked out an exact budget yet as trying to just get a few options to look at. Would be looking to go somewhere for 5days to a week and either do a 1 or 2 day charter. Needs to be somewhere that can be appreciated by non fishers (i.e. mum and sister) so not looking for something 100% fishing based like a remote Barra lodge or anything. Just somewhere we can all enjoy and get out for a fish as well. And don't want to spend several thousand per person. Dates would be late december/early jan.

Some options I'm tossing up are wait for some flight specials to NZ and do a bay of islands kingie trip. Or up north to Darwin and do something out of there.

If anyone's got any ideas, would love to hear em!

Cheers,
Goat

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Fishing Trip For Dads 60th

Post by Lightningx » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:49 am

Hi mate.
A few years ago the missus and I went over to NZ and hired a car and drove from Auckland up to the bay of islands and what a stunning place it was! We both loved it there. Had a place right on the beach. We still talk about it from time to time and think about going back there again sometime in the near future. We didn’t take a kingie charter but a reef charter and had a great day :thumbsup:

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:10 am

Closer to home, is Classic Fishing charters, and even if you don't catch fish, the lunch he serves is superb.

There are King Island fishing trips, I plan to go on one. Then there is Tassie, where you can target 100kg BFT's.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:16 am

Theres bermagui
While the boys out fishing the girls can tour near by towns like tartha, nowra, Bega

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Wrong time of year for Darwin-- cyclones
When do the whales come through???, as an added bonus
2 places available on the "Time Bandid"
Good luck, your Dad will love it.
Cheers Gra

Return to “General”