Anyone free on Wednesday morning for fishing off yaringa?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Crazyasian6
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Anyone free on Wednesday morning for fishing off yaringa?

Post by Crazyasian6 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Hosery wrote:Good work on getting a few fish. Gummies have to be 45 cm from rear most gill slit to base of the tail. So that makes a size gummy about 70cm overall. I would still keep a just size gummy if you have nothing else in the esky. They aren’t that bad to clean plus practice makes perfect. Gummy is great on the chew
Thanks
Always nice to have bites and few fish . Someday no bites but that is fishing for you
Anyone familiar with yaringa ? Always turn right or go straight after the last two markers, anyone turn left and go towards French island or quail bank?

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Crazyasian6 wrote:
Hosery wrote:Good work on getting a few fish. Gummies have to be 45 cm from rear most gill slit to base of the tail. So that makes a size gummy about 70cm overall. I would still keep a just size gummy if you have nothing else in the esky. They aren’t that bad to clean plus practice makes perfect. Gummy is great on the chew
Thanks
Always nice to have bites and few fish . Someday no bites but that is fishing for you
Anyone familiar with yaringa ? Always turn right or go straight after the last two markers, anyone turn left and go towards French island or quail bank?
My boat is stored at the marina there. If you want any tips or advice about locations that your hireboat can travel to just send me a message and I’ll happily help the best I can

Crazyasian6

Post by Crazyasian6 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:34 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Crazyasian6 wrote:
Thanks
My boat is stored at the marina there. If you want any tips or advice about locations that your hireboat can travel to just send me a message and I’ll happily help the best I can
That’s very nice of you. Thanks in advance
According to the boat hire people, whiting season will be finish by May and then there will be big squid during winter.
Snapper season start in September?

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:44 pm

Crazyasian6 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Crazyasian6 wrote:
Thanks
According to the boat hire people, whiting season will be finish by May and then there will be big squid during winter.
Good numbers of whiting are hard to find at the moment. There’s Heaps of squid around though.

Yes Snapper season begins September

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Crazyasian6 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Crazyasian6 wrote:
Thanks
Yep. I start getting excited around sept. Usually get my first big one mid to late sept each year :thumbsup:

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:07 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Crazyasian6 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Crazyasian6 wrote:
Thanks
Yep. I start getting excited around sept. Usually get my first big one mid to late sept each year :thumbsup:
Early season sees the big guns roll out aye, hope i can catch my first big one this coming season.. havent caught one over 4.5kg yet, thats ma biggest

Crazyasian6

Post by Crazyasian6 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:21 pm

Can get snapper in season in tyabb banks?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:28 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Crazyasian6 wrote:
Thanks
Very generous of you.
Good on ya

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Crazyasian6 wrote:Can get snapper in season in tyabb banks?
The answer is yes and its one on the prolific area.
Thats if you can catch them lol

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:33 pm

Crazyasian6 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Crazyasian6 wrote:
Thanks
Snapper season starts after the afl gand final end of September

Return to “General”