Where to pump beach/blood worms - for beginners

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Bbahawal

Where to pump beach/blood worms - for beginners

Post by Bbahawal » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Hello all! I am new here, so I'll start by saying its a pleasure to be part of this group! Looking forward to learn alot from y'all experienced fishos out here! Now to my first ever question, been trying to find live beach worms for some time now, but have had no luck. I am based in South East Melbourne. I have now bought myself a bait pump with the intention of learning how to catch my own worms, but no clue where to start. Any assistance will be highly appreciated... :)

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Where to pump beach/blood worms - for beginners

Post by skronkman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:14 am

There are blood worms and there are sand worms (and lots of other worms). Blood worms can be pumped, I know where the Mitchell river flows into Jones bay at Eagle point but I'm not aware of other locations. Sand worms can be found at many surf beaches at low tide but a different technique is required, no pump needed (YouTube it).

You can also use your pump to get bass yabbies at many locations around westernport (warneet, French island, etc.). You want a lowish tide and shallow sand flats, look for little holes in the sand and pump each one 2-3 times, blasting the sand out onto the ground. Grab your yabby before he sneaks into another hole.

Return to “General”