Tassie Trip Feb 2018 Results

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Tassie Trip Feb 2018 Results

Post by russellh2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:43 pm

11.2.2017 - Arrived is Sheffield mid morning and met Adrian and Pam, welcomed us into our home like long lost friends / Family, even thought it was our first face to face meeting. What an extraordinary couple, so giving of time friendship and knowledge and some goodies from Adrian - A total surprise and greatly appreciated.
12.2.2018 Off to fish the Meander - Joined Adrian at his place at 5:30am, Adrian loaned me a pair if chest waders and boots ( the Horne thigh waders I took would not have been suitable) then off to fish.
Entered Meander at around 6:30am. Adrian Caught / Photographed and released 3 /// Me = Zip, however watching a Master Fisherman / Legend fish the various sections of the river was worth the 2 wet sleeves I got as I managed to save myself from getting totally immersed after loosing my footing - Adrian just smiled.
Invited Adrian and Pam to tea. Lesley, my partner, acquired a new skill - she learned how to set fire ( Literally) to the Oven on an Electric Stove - Tea was great as was the post meal entertainment - Long Story.
13.2.2018 Off to fish the Mersey - Joined Adrian at his place at 7:00am, I was late, slept through the alarm, then off to fish. Entered Mersey at around 8:00am. Adrian Caught / Photographed and released the first fish of the day with the first cast by him less than a minute after entering the river.
Me thinking what a fantastic day we were going to have, how far could that be from what actually happened /// Me = Zip for the day // Adrian 1 for the day, however another session of watching a Master Fisherman / Legend fish the various sections of the river was worth it. This session I only managed to get one sleeve wet as I managed to save myself from getting totally immersed after loosing my footing - Adrian just smiled, and asked for a repeat so he could get a photo - no it did not happen.
Only fished the 2 sessions with Adrian over the week we were in Tassie, spent the rest of the week touring a small part of the island but we will be back.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Re: Tassie Trip Feb 2018 Results

Post by meppstas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Yes it was a great time spent with bot you & Lesley, glad to see you made it home okay and back to a gas oven instead of the electric smoker.. :-D
I'll be putting my report up later Russell... thank you for your kind words, the feeling was mutual by both Pam & myself too.. was great to catch up with you guys..

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Brownie

Re: Tassie Trip Feb 2018 Results

Post by Brownie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Good one, knowledge gained spending some time with a switched on person in anything is like gold. :thumbsup:

Return to “General”