Weekend report

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Weekend report

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:57 pm

Nice report. Those sambos are big in the rip

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:11 pm

Great read ducky it definitely gets bust at the weekends at the rip i try to make it midweek and its still busy but the salmon are great fun

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Boat fishing i Normally for catchig salmon at bermagui i troll little blue skirts about 3 or 4 inched long.

Down here
I see alont of people catching them of sivler salmon lures or plastics or xraps.

Has anyone tried small blue skirts for them down here?

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:10 pm

Nude up wrote:Great read ducky it definitely gets bust at the weekends at the rip i try to make it midweek and its still busy but the salmon are great fun
Salary man these days. No more cheeky mid week rdos. Haha. Ah well. My time will come.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 pm

i,m with you ducky salmon patties allways go down well here at the moment my way there only about 12cm but there everywere

ducky

Post by ducky » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:23 pm

dazz999 wrote:i,m with you ducky salmon patties allways go down well here at the moment my way there only about 12cm but there everywere
I was expecting them to have quite a fishy taste. But amazingly it just wasn’t there. I actually had to add some fish sauce to add some fishy flavour to them. Very suitable for fish cakes

The kids/missus rated em that highly I ended up 3/4 cookig the last of the mix, another 18 patties and froze them in batches of 6 for quick oven baked fish burgers or similar.

With a bit more experience making them and adjusting the flavour they’ll be sensational.

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 pm

ducky wrote:
dazz999 wrote:i,m with you ducky salmon patties allways go down well here at the moment my way there only about 12cm but there everywere
I was expecting them to have quite a fishy taste. But amazingly it just wasn’t there. I actually had to add some fish sauce to add some fishy flavour to them. Very suitable for fish cakes

The kids/missus rated em that highly I ended up 3/4 cookig the last of the mix, another 18 patties and froze them in batches of 6 for quick oven baked fish burgers or similar.

With a bit more experience making them and adjusting the flavour they’ll be sensational.
boil some potatoes mash them up dont add milk like your normal mashed potatoes just add spring onions then mix it in with your salmon and other herb mix

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 pm

ducky wrote:

boil some potatoes mash them up dont add milk like your normal mashed potatoes just add spring onions then mix it in with your salmon and other herb mix

ducky

Post by ducky » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Yeah that’s what I did basically.

Was about 1 kg of fish. 3 potato’s boiled. Cup of breadcrumbs.

Veggies was 3 carrots, 2 onions 1 capsicum all grated.

Flavour was salt and pepper. Sriracha. Fish sauce. Rice wine. Ginger garlic and lemons grass plus 2 lemons worth of juice.

Rissole sizes balls, Panko crumbed and shallow fried

Taste good. But the potato was overdone. Next time gonna grate the potato and do a small test to see how that goes. Definitely will have spring onion. Was pretty much just using stuff that was in the fridge.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:45 pm

dazz999 wrote:
ducky wrote:

Sounds yum

Return to “General”