Whats your average?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Whats your average?

Post by smile0784 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:05 am

Just flicking through different screens on the forum and come across my profile page with stats of my posts.

Joined 2012. Has it really been that long.

Total posts:2392 | Search user’s posts
(0.98% of all posts / 1.18 posts per day)

Just curious on what other peoples are.
Whats your average?

Whos really active?

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Whats your average?

Post by purple5ive » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:40 am

Quite a lot of Older Members will have 2011 as join date cause that’s when the forum was moved over from the Older Website..
So in reality their post counts and statistics will be a lot higher than whats already shown Here..

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 am

smile0784 wrote:Just flicking through different screens on the forum and come across my profile page with stats of my posts.

Whats your average?

Whos really active?
I don't know that posting stats are any indication of members activity.

I, for one, ususally visit the forum daily but very often don't bother to log in unless I particularly want to make a post.

As to the number of posts a member may make it's really unimportant. There are members who post infrequently but when they do post their posts are meaningful, helpful and informative. Conversely there are members with high posting ratios whose posts are often flippant, meaningless and of little real interest.

My gut feeling is that we have many members whose activity rating is actually much higher than posting stats alone would indicate.
:water:

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:13 am

Whiskers wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Just flicking through different screens on the forum and come across my profile page with stats of my posts.

Whats your average?

Whos really active?

I, for one, ususally visit the forum daily but very often don't bother to log in unless I particularly want to make a post.

As to the number of posts a member may make it's really unimportant. There are members who post infrequently but when they do post their posts are meaningful, helpful and informative. Conversely there are members with high posting ratios whose posts are often flippant, meaningless and of little real interest.

My gut feeling is that we have many members whose activity rating is actually much higher than posting stats alone would indicate.
Spot on Whiskers, cheers davo :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:52 am

Whiskers wrote:

Whats your average?

Whos really active?

Too true...but if it wasn't for the "members with high posting ratios whose posts are often flippant, meaningless and of little real interest", the website traffic would decrease & the site would start to die a slow death.

walk the streams

Post by walk the streams » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:26 am

join 2013 and 70 posts, guess that makes me rather quiet, but I do check site most days, without actually logging in

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:31 am

purple5ive wrote:Quite a lot of Older Members will have 2011 as join date cause that’s when the forum was moved over from the Older Website..
So in reality their post counts and statistics will be a lot higher than whats already shown Here..
Actually Fishvictoria.com closed down it was run by Matt Learmouth. This site was started by Jon a little bit later and was a completely different site to Fishvictoria.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:40 am

Bit more than that i think, it was angling victoria, not fishvictoria.
Jon might be able to explain better as i could be wrong..

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:23 pm

We actually had absolutely no affiliation with either Angling Victoria or Fishvictoria.

I was a member of Fishvictoria.

There was still a demand for a Victorian Fishing Forum so I started Fishing Victoria when Fishvictoria closed their site.

Hope that clears thing up for you guys...

Cheers
Jon
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:56 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Whiskers wrote:

Whats your average?

Whos really active?

Too true...but if it wasn't for the "members with high posting ratios whose posts are often flippant, meaningless and of little real interest", the website traffic would decrease & the site would start to die a slow death.
I think you need comments on both sides of the scale.
Without meaningless sometimes out there message and comments thing's wiuld be less funny.

And lest face it. everyone could do with more laughter and fish in there lives lol

Return to “General”