Worms & Trout

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
TheLoneTurtle

Worms & Trout

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:33 am

I am going to a river which holds a bit of wild brown trout. I will be using worms, just one small hook and a small split shot above. Last time i went i caught 4 browns, each about 10-20 cm. But this time i want to get on a few more, if you guys have any tips that could help me improve any further, i would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers :thumbsup:

tommyfishunter

Re: Worms & Trout

Post by tommyfishunter » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:54 am

Need a bit more information on the river, depends on the flow and the depth you could remove the split shot sinker and go unweighted. Have a look around see if you can find any other insects that could be used as bait.
Find the most likely sections of water i.e at the end of fast moving water where there is a back eddy and focus on those spots try about 10 casts in each spot then move to the next.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:04 am

Just make your bait look as natural as possible and you will definitely get onto a few. Go as light as you can and cast into faster running water that goes into an eddy or a deeper hole/slower water. let the worms drift naturally with the current

Cheers, Anth

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:29 am

Ditch the split shot. Unweighted is the go.

Return to “General”