Decision Made

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Decision Made

Post by Nude up » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:14 am

I like the idea of renting first just in case it doesn't meet your expectations it's a big cost to keep moving. I have just built my retirement home down the bellarine will use it as a holiday home till I retire.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:24 am

Great plan Nude.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:27 am

Nude up wrote:I like the idea of renting first just in case it doesn't meet your expectations it's a big cost to keep moving. I have just built my retirement home down the bellarine will use it as a holiday home till I retire.
I've been thinking about doing what you've done for years Nudie, Portarlington is kicking off in a big way but I like the quietness of St Leonards, by the time I decide both places will be worth a squillion bucks to buy !
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:08 am

Nude up wrote:I like the idea of renting first just in case it doesn't meet your expectations it's a big cost to keep moving. I have just built my retirement home down the bellarine will use it as a holiday home till I retire.
Way to go nude up
Unless you have to, don't rent it out.
It's probably just my luck, but, my iinvestment properties were a nightmare.
If you can, keep it strictly for close family and friends

Gra

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:31 am

hornet wrote:
I've been thinking about doing what you've done for years Nudie, Portarlington is kicking off in a big way but I like the quietness of St Leonards, by the time I decide both places will be worth a squillion bucks to buy !
You will laugh I used to own a double story town house in portarlington but my wife has had both her knees replaced so we got an offer and sold it 3 years ago then spent 2 years looking for another single story house.
We could not find one to suit both of use then by chance we visited an old neighbour they told us a block 3 doors down was back on the market we put an offer in and they bit our hand off. The house is finished the landscape Gardener starts in November retaining walls going in second driveway for the boat can go in then 100%complete for early December.
We have noticed since the safe harbour started and the ferry has started, house building , house sales have increased it is definitely on the move.

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:55 am

Texas wrote:
Way to go nude up

Gra
Cheers I am in a lucky position I don't need to we did think about it but a few friends told us of their rental nightmares so we decided to just keep it in the family

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Texas wrote:
Way to go nude up

Gra
Bad luck tuna...your out off luck

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Truedogz wrote:Whiskers

Another option might be Bruthen - a very pretty spot and one I considered. Quite central and closer to transport and facilities in Bairnsdale. I went through the same process a couple of years ago, weighing up and agonising over options. As you say, important to get it right when it is likely to be your final home in your twilight years.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

the bakery in Bruthen makes some delicious meat pies
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:44 pm

We spent a couple of days last week looking at houses we short listed in the Orbost area. We drove home on Thursday night. The traffic heading east on The Princess Highway was very heavy with boats, caravans and trailers all trying to get away for the long weekend. The number of vehicles with inadequate suspension for towing is shameful, driving into glaring headlights is no joke.

Anyway, whinge over. The trip was worthwhile and the wife has set her heart on a house she likes, so this weekend we've been doing a stack of odd jobs to get our house ready to go on the market. The quicker it sells, the quicker we'll move.
:)

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:35 pm

Whiskers wrote:We spent a couple of days last week looking at houses we short listed in the Orbost area. We drove home on Thursday night. The traffic heading east on The Princess Highway was very heavy with boats, caravans and trailers all trying to get away for the long weekend. The number of vehicles with inadequate suspension for towing is shameful, driving into glaring headlights is no joke.

Anyway, whinge over. The trip was worthwhile and the wife has set her heart on a house she likes, so this weekend we've been doing a stack of odd jobs to get our house ready to go on the market. The quicker it sells, the quicker we'll move.
:)
Niice work..

Life isnt a rehetsal

You need to live it.

Return to “General”