First time fishing in Melbourne.

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: First time fishing in Melbourne.

Post by Nude up » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 am

Hi and welcome you are off to a winning start where did you fish before,

Nathan_867

Post by Nathan_867 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:02 pm

JackBomback wrote:Thanks a lot chaps! :) It means a lot to be welcomed so warmly to a new community.
Nathan_867 wrote:May i ask what soft plastic you used and what size jig?
Of course mate, I'm not sure of the exact name of the plastic (I'll have a look later) but it was a shiny/glittery yellow grub. I used 1/16th jig heads.

Can't wait to get on there again this weekend, I think I'll try between Footscray road bridge and Farmsworth Ave.

JackBomback

Post by JackBomback » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:41 pm

Nude up wrote:Hi and welcome you are off to a winning start where did you fish before,
I'm from Bolton, Lancashire in England :)

I did a lot of course fishing there from being a kid up until early 20s. I came here when I was 24, I'm 27 next week and I've just picked it up... shameful I know.

Loving the Maribyrnong though!

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 pm

JackBomback wrote:
Nude up wrote:Hi and welcome you are off to a winning start where did you fish before,

I did a lot of course fishing there from being a kid up until early 20s. I came here when I was 24, I'm 27 next week and I've just picked it up... shameful I know.

I know the area well I am from Denton nr Manchester and my wife is from Freckleton nr Blackpool I emigrated in 82.
I still remember fishing the canals,the river ribble, the lakes, when I go back to England I always go fishing with my brother in law he is a big carp fan.
Good luck on your fishing

JackBomback

Post by JackBomback » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:24 am

Nude up wrote:
JackBomback wrote:

I know the area well I am from Denton nr Manchester and my wife is from Freckleton nr Blackpool I emigrated in 82.
I still remember fishing the canals,the river ribble, the lakes, when I go back to England I always go fishing with my brother in law he is a big carp fan.
Good luck on your fishing
That's awesome to hear! Carp fishing is massive back home and so is Barbel fishing on the Ribble!

Take care mate :)

Return to “General”