Trout?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
TheLoneTurtle

Trout?

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Ok, so i am really getting into trout fishing (i only release them) and recently the wind on the weekends was horrible, so if anybody can give me a spot, which is nice and sheltered, not more than 40 mins from bayswater and holds a few fish like redfin and trout (mostly looking for trout though) like i said i only release my fish so if you guys have some very secret fishing spot that u dont want many people to go to then just dont tell anybody. Also i would rather a creek with some bush around.

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Trout?

Post by barra mick » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:20 am

Straight to eldion...its fishing unreal

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:21 am

barra mick wrote:Straight to eldion...its fishing unreal
yeah bit of a drive though, i will go camping there some time in spring, i have been meaning to do that for a while now.
Cheers

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:27 am

Plenty of options around for you mate, the Yarra at Warburton might be a start, otherwise around Healesville. Don't have any secret spots for you, just use google maps find a creek/river with an access point and give it a go. Not sure what you plan on fishing (lures or bait), but its a good time to float unweighted or lightly weighted (depends on how quick water is flowing) worms down into any holes.

Nathan_867

Post by Nathan_867 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:53 am

I would like to fish eildon but never done much fresh fishing. Do you rig up the same as saltwater? And what baits are best at eildon?

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:08 am

tommyfishunter wrote:Plenty of options around for you mate, the Yarra at Warburton might be a start, otherwise around Healesville. Don't have any secret spots for you, just use google maps find a creek/river with an access point and give it a go. Not sure what you plan on fishing (lures or bait), but its a good time to float unweighted or lightly weighted (depends on how quick water is flowing) worms down into any holes.
yeah ill have a look cheers mate :thumbsup:

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:10 am

Nathan_867 wrote:I would like to fish eildon but never done much fresh fishing. Do you rig up the same as saltwater? And what baits are best at eildon?
worms are my favorite with a size 8 suicide or size 10, under a float or, a hook with a few split shots above.
cheers

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:39 pm

Nathan_867 wrote:I would like to fish eildon but never done much fresh fishing. Do you rig up the same as saltwater? And what baits are best at eildon?
Yabbies and worms.....best two baits.

Well mudeyes when there available go good

Return to “General”