Fathers Day

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Marty.A

Re: Fathers Day

Post by Marty.A » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:45 pm

At the moment whenever I spend some time with my dad and he's not in pain is a great day for me so looking forward to fathers day and having the whole family around to lift his spirits.

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Thanks everyone for giving me an insight to something I can only dream of having one day. Appreciate all the replies.

Paulanderson
Has liked: 60 times

Post by Paulanderson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:11 pm

This post reminds me of my only fathers day fishing trip. My father passed on some years ago but when I was growing up and a mad keen fisho he was not the slightest bit interested apart from eating what I caught. One fathers day though I persuaded him to take me fishing. At the time we lived in Casterton so went out to the Glenerg River at a place called Roseneath and he managed to hook a Brown of at least a kilo on a wonder wobbler - a very good fish for the Glenelg in those days. He stood on a log with the trout dangling over the water yelling out for me to come and look. You guessed it - it fell off! That was the last time he took me fishing! My kids were taken fishing though.

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:48 pm

A couple of tacky gifts from the kids from the school Father's Day stall. Show lots of appreciation & surprise, then it's the same as every other weekend. Steve's got it nailed!
quid est quod eum

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:27 am

Kids will be giving me their artworks which will turn into little treasures for me. Brekkie in bed and a pub lunch in the afternoon. Day off from chores too I expect.

Return to “General”