Any Luck Recently At Lang Lang?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
TheLoneTurtle

Any Luck Recently At Lang Lang?

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:19 pm

I haven't gone fishing in a few weeks and i am eager to wet a line, i checked that its a nice high tide at 6:30pm so i'm gonna give some winter gummies a go. Has anybody got anything over there recently?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Any Luck Recently At Lang Lang?

Post by bowl » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 pm

No idea...but I should be down that way Friday...... :water:

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:28 pm

TheLoneTurtle wrote:I haven't gone fishing in a few weeks and i am eager to wet a line, i checked that its a nice high tide at 6:30pm so i'm gonna give some winter gummies a go. Has anybody got anything over there recently?
Check the wind forecast too.

If you're thinking of Saturday the predicted wind is a very stiff north westerly. At Lang Lang that will be blowing right into you and will be very unpleasant.
:)

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:02 am

Whiskers wrote:
TheLoneTurtle wrote:I haven't gone fishing in a few weeks and i am eager to wet a line, i checked that its a nice high tide at 6:30pm so i'm gonna give some winter gummies a go. Has anybody got anything over there recently?

If you're thinking of Saturday the predicted wind is a very stiff north westerly. At Lang Lang that will be blowing right into you and will be very unpleasant.
yeah just checked that, ima ditch that idea of lang lang and go somewhere else, any places you know i could go?

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:08 am

Went to lang lang twice over the weekend. 4 gummys, 1 elephant and a few nice wpb flathead (small but big for area) could have been more had I planned around the tides more carefully. But I just wanted to get on the water so it didn't phase me.

The top of wpb is plagued with gummys atm. If you can't bag out then you should quit fishing.

I was hoping for a big snapper but they seem harder to find ATM.

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:10 am

Also best thing about winter wpb fishing is, there's no undesirable fish around. Didn't get one rock cod, 7 gill, eagle ray, banjo etc etc.

Even frozen piece of **** pilchards stay on you're hook until a gummy comes along and demolishes it.

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:11 am

TheLoneTurtle wrote:
Whiskers wrote:

yeah just checked that, ima ditch that idea of lang lang and go somewhere else, any places you know i could go?
We had a very strong north westerly Monday. No probs, just hid behind French island near spit point. Was a great day. Didn't effect us at all.

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:22 am

Kimtown wrote:
TheLoneTurtle wrote:
Whiskers wrote:

We had a very strong north westerly Monday. No probs, just hid behind French island near spit point. Was a great day. Didn't effect us at all.
Alright i guess ill give it a go, i was demolishing gummy sharks in summer once even two at once but now winters hit the rain and wind has been getting on my nerves i cant stand 35km winds hitting my face :down: :r

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:31 am

TheLoneTurtle wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
TheLoneTurtle wrote:
Whiskers wrote:

Alright i guess ill give it a go, i was demolishing gummy sharks in summer once even two at once but now winters hit the rain and wind has been getting on my nerves i cant stand 35km winds hitting my face :down: :r
Gotta base your location, to the weather accordingly

Find yourself a nice sheltered location (north of jam jerrup) in the shallows, 1-2m of water out of the channel. Gummys will be there :) enjoy.

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Kimtown wrote:Went to lang lang twice over the weekend. 4 gummys, 1 elephant and a few nice wpb flathead (small but big for area) could have been more had I planned around the tides more carefully. But I just wanted to get on the water so it didn't phase me.

The top of wpb is plagued with gummys atm. If you can't bag out then you should quit fishing.

I was hoping for a big snapper but they seem harder to find ATM.

Is this land based or by boat, bud?

Return to “General”