Help

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Help

Post by Brett » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Balnarring, anywhere within 250 to 300m left of the yacht club, any further around and it can get weedy, it's still fishable but not fun if your not used to it.
Merricks, either side of the yacht club, there is reef on both sides, but you still have 500 to 700m of beach to choose from.

I'm sure if you search the forum, it will come up with a lot more info.

Stewy

Post by Stewy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:13 pm

I recon their will be heaps of fishos at stockyard this weekend. Full moon , no wind , no rain .830pm low , Might be worth a shot .

Toady king

Post by Toady king » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:20 pm

TheLoneTurtle wrote:Ok so ive been down to stockyard the last few weeks and all im catching are mullet. Im sick of missing/losing gummies or schoolies. So next week im going to Merricks or Balnarring. But the problem is i dont know which is better for gummies! If you guys can give me any tips i would greatly appreciate it! :thumbsup:
Oh sorry I thought you were talking about stockyard my bad haha

Toady king

Post by Toady king » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Stewy wrote:I recon their will be heaps of fishos at stockyard this weekend. Full moon , no wind , no rain .830pm low , Might be worth a shot .
Depends on the fisho, some swear on the full moon and other Dont haha

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 pm

Toady king wrote:
TheLoneTurtle wrote:Ok so ive been down to stockyard the last few weeks and all im catching are mullet. Im sick of missing/losing gummies or schoolies. So next week im going to Merricks or Balnarring. But the problem is i dont know which is better for gummies! If you guys can give me any tips i would greatly appreciate it! :thumbsup:
Oh sorry I thought you were talking about stockyard my bad haha
hahah cheers :thumbsup:

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Stewy wrote:I recon their will be heaps of fishos at stockyard this weekend. Full moon , no wind , no rain .830pm low , Might be worth a shot .
Maybe ill go down actually now that you mention it!

Cheers!

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:13 am

Brett wrote:Balnarring, anywhere within 250 to 300m left of the yacht club, any further around and it can get weedy, it's still fishable but not fun if your not used to it.
Merricks, either side of the yacht club, there is reef on both sides, but you still have 500 to 700m of beach to choose from.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:09 pm

Brett wrote:Balnarring, anywhere within 250 to 300m left of the yacht club, any further around and it can get weedy, it's still fishable but not fun if your not used to it.

I haven't fished Balnarring in a long time but from memory the area to the left of the boat club is the most favoured.

That same area is also designated as an area for windsurfers and with the long weekend coming up may be a bit busy. :-D

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Whiskers wrote:

I haven't fished Balnarring in a long time but from memory the area to the left of the boat club is the most favoured.

That same area is also designated as an area for windsurfers and with the long weekend coming up may be a bit busy. :-D
hopefully not with people but with fish :rofl:

Cheers for the info! :thumbsup:

Return to “General”