Landbased wind direction

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Landbased wind direction

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:00 pm

CarlG wrote:If it blows from the north, I go to the back beaches, if it blows from the south, I go to the bayside piers...I`m getting soft..I like the wind on my back, not in my bloody face..
Carl..
getting soft or getting old? :roflmao:

Been in the surf again Carl? Any luck?
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:06 pm

CarlG wrote:If it blows from the north, I go to the back beaches, if it blows from the south, I go to the bayside piers...I`m getting soft..I like the wind on my back, not in my bloody face..
Carl..
You dont want the wind to ruin that beautiful face of yours mate!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 pm

psara1 wrote:
Carl..
You dont want the wind to ruin that beautiful face of yours mate!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
of course. ProActiv is expensive now. Need to take care of the baby skin....soft and smooth. :lolf: :lolf:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:56 am

In my opinion winds can only help you in bringing the smaller to medium size fish closer to shore or shallower water if it blowing your direction; and it also can help you casting further if it blowing on your back, or it can take your balloon further out if it in your back too … but I don’t think it make much impact on putting the fish on bite
I know some bigger fish come to shallower water after gale to feed on that the gale brought to the water but not sure if this happen also during the gale
I usually target Bream in warm calm days, I caught many snappers in calm to breezy days as well as windy days, and similar happened with me for bay trout / Aussie Salmon and so many other spices.

tboner

Post by tboner » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:31 am

I think I might try for a snapper tonight around mornigton with this wind, its not the ideal wind but should be a bit choppy. I'm still chaseing my first LB snapper hopefully with the forcast in the coming days I finally land my first red fish LB.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 am

Berto Pescatore wrote:In my opinion winds can only help you in bringing the smaller to medium size fish closer to shore or shallower water if it blowing your direction; and it also can help you casting further if it blowing on your back, or it can take your balloon further out if it in your back too … but I don’t think it make much impact on putting the fish on bite
May I ask if you have enough land based experience targeting snapper around PPB?

I asked because many of us who target snapper LB will disagree with you 100%.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:46 am

tboner wrote:I think I might try for a snapper tonight around mornigton with this wind, its not the ideal wind but should be a bit choppy. I'm still chaseing my first LB snapper hopefully with the forcast in the coming days I finally land my first red fish LB.
mornington seems to be a good choice with this strong northerly. I suggest you tie a balloon to your terminal tackle using light thread. Send the balloon out and when it reaches your target area, yank the rod to dislodge the balloon and let your bait and sinker sink. Good luck
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 am

I think I've done enought fishing over years LB in PPB and other places.
sorry fish-cadore, I did not get your comment, on which part you disagree?

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:56 am

Berto Pescatore wrote:I think I've done enought fishing over years LB in PPB and other places.
sorry fish-cadore, I did not get your comment, on which part you disagree?
Berto Pescatore wrote:winds can only help you in bringing the smaller to medium size fish closer to shore or shallower water if it blowing your direction;
but I don’t think it make much impact on putting the fish on bite
I beg to disagree. Experience tells me that big snapper comes close to the shore to feed when the fishing condition is miserable.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:05 am

I have no doubt on your experience, but is this comment only form your experience or it comes out of documented resource and researches?
To the best of my knowledge, and I’m not pretending to be an expert scientist, there are many other aspects that makes the bigger fish come to shore, feeding is one of them, and it is not necessarily to be a miserable weather
I’m sure you also catch good size one in calmer weather, didn’t you?

Return to “General”