Today it's rays Tomorrow it's ????

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
HyperX

Re: Today it's rays Tomorrow it's ????

Post by HyperX » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:40 pm

might not be common, but i do see people just leave banjos and toadies on the pier.
saw 1 dude catch a toadie, rip the hook out of its mouth and slammed it back into the water. the toadie was dead of course.
i think its pretty disgusting

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:08 pm

cobby wrote:
frozenpod wrote:
Delirium wrote:
Fish-cador wrote: The idiot who cut that thing up alive is a total loser.
While I personally have no interest in killing a big old ray for a meal, do we actually know that the ray was alive when its wings were removed?
Agreed zero proof has been provided of this.

100% the people behind the petition are diver groups.
Started by a woman who goes by the name PT Hirschfield and runs a blog/facebook group pink tank scuba. So yes, divers and dive groups. Like always, vested interests

Not to mention the blatant lies this woman has been spreading via the media in regards to fisheries regulations and numerous assumptions and insinuations in regards to anglers and our 'barbaric' sport including hundreds of accounts of mutilated, still alive rays laying around.... (un)Surprisingly not one single diver sprouting such torture had a single shred of evidence to the fact. Kind of strange given the amount of pictures and videos said people had of their numerous dives on public display....

And that ray in the pictures with said woman is dead, it's already partially decomposed where it's been cut if you look closely. Another of her lies
Yep exactly.

Toady king

Post by Toady king » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:25 pm

I've heard lots of different types of fishers, but a ray ... Fisher? Can those words be used like that?

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:18 pm

They are surprisingly good to eat, just annoying to clean. And ones like eagles are bloody good fighters

Return to “General”