February Barra ballot?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
love the murray

February Barra ballot?

Post by love the murray » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:54 pm

G'day fellow fisho's,
Just wondering if anyone has heard about the results for the February ballot? Results were supposed to be emailed out in early January, but I still haven't heard anything

Regards LTM.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: February Barra ballot?

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:18 pm

i wouldnt bother going tbh. theres no fish to be found in the normal fishing areas, yu have to fish in the NO boating zone which is a $300 fine if caught.i got my ballot in the mail, so it might come in the mail or you missed out.
besides that being summer now, the place will be full of jetskis, i left after 4 hours of fishing and when i was retrieveing the boat the jetski brigade turned up, lucky i already planned to leave.
you might be lucky you never know. barra mick is fishing it today i believe, see what he has to say

love the murray

Post by love the murray » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Cheers purple5ive, I ended up ringing them up. February ballot is being sent out this week. They did confirm I got a spot.
I've got a spot during the week, and after school holidays, so hopefully the jet ski's will leave me alone.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:05 pm

love the murray wrote:Cheers purple5ive, I ended up ringing them up. February ballot is being sent out this week. They did confirm I got a spot.
I've got a spot during the week, and after school holidays, so hopefully the jet ski's will leave me alone.
thats good news mate, i reckon they are now literally giving it away.
from what i have heard and seen with my own eyes, there was no where near the 25 boats on the pondage at any given time.
it might have been the case when it started, but i only counted 15 trailers when i was there. and even less number of boats on the water, so some must have defenitely been fishing the no go zones.

good luck with it, and hope you catch one.

love the murray

Post by love the murray » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Cheers mate, I'll have a couple of nights on the **** with a few good mates, the fishing is really irrelevant :-D
Probably head down for a bit of surf fishing afterwards as well

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:22 am

Its going to be alot harder getting barra now.

The paul worsling area is patrolled all the time ive heard.

Good while it lasted though.

Bm

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:24 am

Might have to bring down a surf spin outfit long casts over to the #icantfishmyself poacher Paul and there's no early fish Dave Kramer spot.

Milk man

Post by Milk man » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:41 pm

purple5ive wrote:
love the murray wrote:Cheers purple5ive, I ended up ringing them up. February ballot is being sent out this week. They did confirm I got a spot.
thats good news mate, i reckon they are now literally giving it away.
from what i have heard and seen with my own eyes, there was no where near the 25 boats on the pondage at any given time.
it might have been the case when it started, but i only counted 15 trailers when i was there. and even less number of boats on the water, so some must have defenitely been fishing the no go zones.

good luck with it, and hope you catch one.
I drove past the pondage on tuesday morning and there was maybe 15 boats at best out there

love the murray

Post by love the murray » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:43 pm

Cheers Milk man, sound like weekend slots were well in demand, but during the week was fairly quite. My mate and I, asked for Thursday and Friday. We both got Thursday, but neither of us got Friday.
As of the 1st of March, the fishery is open to everyone.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Return plane ticket to Darwin starting at $299 fine for fishing poacher Paul area $300 it's a no brainer.

Return to “General”