Fishing Shows - Television.

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Marty.A

Re: Fishing Shows - Television.

Post by Marty.A » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:29 pm

I didn't mind Talking Fishing on CH 31 I know they are sponsored by Shimano but all their product reviews now have just become a Shimano advert no other brands even get a look in which is a shame.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:35 am

The catch 22 is that they need sponsors to fund the shows production.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:51 am

:thumbsup: Just started watching big angry fish...

col1
Has liked: 9 times

Post by col1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:39 am

Don't see why some of these shows can't have a bit of a balance between grass roots local fishing explaining the simple stuff wich is probably most fisho's bread and butter and then throw in a few of the more exotic places aswell something for everyone

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:20 am

col1 wrote:Don't see why some of these shows can't have a bit of a balance between grass roots local fishing explaining the simple stuff wich is probably most fisho's bread and butter and then throw in a few of the more exotic places aswell something for everyone
I'd say fishing edge and the afn show does a good job of that balance on the commercial channels. Then there's the c31 shows that have minimal budgets and mostly local bread and butter stuff

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Marty.A wrote:I didn't mind Talking Fishing on CH 31 I know they are sponsored by Shimano but all their product reviews now have just become a Shimano advert no other brands even get a look in which is a shame.
It's talking Tackleworld products. David Kramer even commented on catch of the week before Xmas that one of the people in the photos needed to pop in to the shop and get Tackleworld merch.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:50 pm

cobby wrote:
col1 wrote:Don't see why some of these shows can't have a bit of a balance between grass roots local fishing explaining the simple stuff wich is probably most fisho's bread and butter and then throw in a few of the more exotic places aswell something for everyone
I'd say fishing edge and the afn show does a good job of that balance on the commercial channels. Then there's the c31 shows that have minimal budgets and mostly local bread and butter stuff
Fishing edge is my favourite taking on the adventure bound mould. Lee always gives plenty of tips the average angler can relate too. You fish isn't bad.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:06 pm

I watch most episodes of Fishing Edge as I find Lee pretty down to earth and does a good mix of explaining whats going on and catching the actual fish. He also seems to keep things pretty simple gear wise.

I like the idea of bread and butter but it's also great to see some of the beautiful locations Australia has to offer and the other types of fish that could be caught!

For fishing techniques and tips specific to catching a species I just look on youtube and usually find what I need.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:25 pm

4liters wrote:There's one from the US you should watch, it's called Niggers on the River. It's on YouTube, look it up.
This could be the best fishing show online.

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:26 pm

rb85 wrote:
Marty.A wrote:I didn't mind Talking Fishing on CH 31 I know they are sponsored by Shimano but all their product reviews now have just become a Shimano advert no other brands even get a look in which is a shame.
It's talking Tackleworld products. David Kramer even commented on catch of the week before Xmas that one of the people in the photos needed to pop in to the shop and get Tackleworld merch.
Yeah I remember that cause the guy in the pic was wearing a BCF shirt :rofl:

Return to “General”