Golden Oldies

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Marty.A

Golden Oldies

Post by Marty.A » Tue May 31, 2016 12:01 pm

Hey Guys

Finally got around to digging out my first ever fishing reel from my parents place :-D . Dad got me this Diawa A-130RL when I was 12 in the mid 80's.
The reel after all these years still works fine but I have retired it for sentimental reasons.
I was wondering if anyone else has kept any fishing gear from years past and be able to share it on the forum.

Cheers
Marty.A
Attachments
IMAG1368.jpg
IMAG1367.jpg

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Golden Oldies

Post by purple5ive » Tue May 31, 2016 12:05 pm

I Wish i had kept my old combo that my dad got me when we went fishing for the first time in australia (moved here in 2000)sadly the reel has been thrown out but i still have the rod, worst case of identity though cause my dads mate handed me some rods and reels and it had exactly the same rod in there (jarwis walker red bone) so now i dont know which ones mine.

i still have my first soft plastic rod that my cousin gave me as a present though but its only about 5 years old

jedgpz

Post by jedgpz » Tue May 31, 2016 12:14 pm

My grandfather gave me a rod when i was about 6 or 7 (so about 100 years ago HA) I still use it in my boat for chasing Murray Cod on bait. That rod has caught more cod than any other rod I have.

Mappo

Post by Mappo » Tue May 31, 2016 12:30 pm

My first Rod and Reel was a Jarvis Walker Bonnie Doon Fibreglass Rod (yellow with blue bindings) and a Daiwa 1050 reel (plastic spool). Got this when I turned 7 years old - 1977! Caught plenty of Trout out of Dartmouth Dam with this combo in the late 70s.

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Tue May 31, 2016 1:50 pm

these 2 reels were given to me awhile a go
Attachments
image.jpg

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Tue May 31, 2016 1:53 pm

I've had these two rods since I was 8years old that my parents bought me for Christmas, so they been with me for over 20 years.
The black queen is a bit out of shape now but almost unbreakable!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Tue May 31, 2016 2:13 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:I've had these two rods since I was 8years old that my parents bought me for Christmas, so they been with me for over 20 years.
The black queen is a bit out of shape now but almost unbreakable!
I remember the Black Queens dad had a couple as well were a popular rod in their day, I heard you can still buy them???

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Tue May 31, 2016 2:15 pm

That looks like a reproduction Black Queen. Not one of the old 60's/70's editions. Have you got a pic of the whole bottom section of rod?

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Post by Tackleberry » Tue May 31, 2016 2:38 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:these 2 reels were given to me awhile a go
B&S those old sigma's are a grate reel i am still using 2 0f the 040 for bait fishing for bream

and here is the 1st good small reel i had it took me months to save all my penny's to get it
IMG_2796 (Medium).JPG

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Tue May 31, 2016 2:43 pm

I still got my 1st rod(black queen) she's pretty f$cked now though. A mouse decided to chew on my cork and it's also missing 2 eyes and missing about a foot off the end of it.

Return to “General”