Waders: Chest, Waist & Thigh

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Waders: Chest, Waist & Thigh

Post by Lightningx » Wed May 18, 2016 6:35 pm

meppstas wrote:I used to wear the waist high Hornes wader with the Blundstone rubber boot, had them for years & they did a great job.. But they were heavy, hot and the rubber boot had no grip on the slippery rocky river bottoms. Did this for around six years before i was put onto breathable waders. So i went for the Redington Sonic stocking foot & Korkers wading boots with the interchangeable soles.. Best thing I ever did.. since then I have been able to fish further in the rocky fast water runs that I struggled in with the Hornes waders, I have the spiked felt soles on the boots and the grip in unreal. A pair of boots last me three trout seasons as does the soles, which is good when i average around 90-100 trips a season. The waders I have had for three seasons now and are showing a few signs of wear.. They're light weight waders and so are the boots.. makes a lot of difference when your in a river for three to five hours that's for sure, then you have the 2-3km or more walk back to the car. Always order one size bigger than your normal foot size with wading boots too..
I have a spare pair of both set ups too for when either one wears out.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian
Redington sonic waders.jpg
Korkers wading boots.jpg
korkers_studded_felt_sole_.jpg
Nice ones Adrian! I really like the look of those :)

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed May 18, 2016 6:49 pm

meppstas wrote:I used to wear the waist high Hornes wader with the Blundstone rubber boot, had them for years & they did a great job.. But they were heavy, hot and the rubber boot had no grip on the slippery rocky river bottoms. Did this for around six years before i was put onto breathable waders. So i went for the Redington Sonic stocking foot & Korkers wading boots with the interchangeable soles.. Best thing I ever did.. since then I have been able to fish further in the rocky fast water runs that I struggled in with the Hornes waders, I have the spiked felt soles on the boots and the grip in unreal. A pair of boots last me three trout seasons as does the soles, which is good when i average around 90-100 trips a season. The waders I have had for three seasons now and are showing a few signs of wear.. They're light weight waders and so are the boots.. makes a lot of difference when your in a river for three to five hours that's for sure, then you have the 2-3km or more walk back to the car. Always order one size bigger than your normal foot size with wading boots too..
I have a spare pair of both set ups too for when either one wears out.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian
How durable do you find them? We have a lot of black berry bushes in vic. Are they easy enough to repair yourself? I'm really keen on getting a pair of the breathable waders but cant be bothered repairing after every outing.. or getting to a destination and finding out i got a leak here and there.

pwalnuts

Post by pwalnuts » Wed May 18, 2016 9:07 pm

MIne have been good so far, probably only had 6-8 outings but I haven't taken it easy on them. They come with some extra material for patching but I haven't had to use it.

GONE FISHING

Post by GONE FISHING » Wed May 18, 2016 9:33 pm

cheers
Adrian
Korkers wading boots.jpg
I should have known better and gone straight to you mate. With the amount of fishing you do in waders you'd be the man to ask.

Thanks for sharing that! I am sure quite a few of us will find that handy :thumbsup:

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Wed May 18, 2016 9:35 pm

GONE FISHING wrote:

cheers
Adrian
Korkers wading boots.jpg
I should have known better and gone straight to you mate. With the amount of fishing you do in waders you'd be the man to ask.

Thanks for sharing that! I am sure quite a few of us will find that handy :thumbsup:
lets just say if I wasn't saving for a new yak there would be a pair on their way to me
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mingle » Fri May 20, 2016 7:22 pm

I have a pair of Mojiko PVC chest-waders (from Anaconda) and I've used them regularly for about 3 years with no issues. A bargain at $38...

I used them for spotlighting - don't like waders in the surf, I just wear shorts (summer & winter!)

Under the waders I wear some old trakky pants and thick work socks. Never been too cold.

Mike.

pwalnuts

Post by pwalnuts » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Big sale on at The Flyfisher in the city for the next few days if anyones in the market for new waders:

http://theflyfisher.com.au/

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:11 pm

pwalnuts wrote:Big sale on at The Flyfisher in the city for the next few days if anyones in the market for new waders:

http://theflyfisher.com.au/
Mine are getting a bit old now so am looking for a new pair very soon. Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

SFP Guy.

Post by SFP Guy. » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Bloody Hell, you guys fork out some big $$$ for waders.

I got my Breathable stocking-foot waders on Amazon from the US for $120 delivered!

Worth a look if you're not wanting to spend too much.

Cam.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:00 pm

SFP Guy. wrote:Bloody Hell, you guys fork out some big $$$ for waders.

I got my Breathable stocking-foot waders on Amazon from the US for $120 delivered!

Worth a look if you're not wanting to spend too much.

Cam.
Would you care to add to that Cam. maybe the name/brand of them, How they fit, what boots you wear with them and how they have been for you for however long you have had them?

Return to “General”