Looking for Fishing Buddy who has a Boat!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Looking for Fishing Buddy who has a Boat!

Post by Lightningx » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:20 pm

And some people like a bit of both :)

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:42 pm

I like a bit of both but one problem with boats is when you have one it often just sits there and when you sell it due to lack of use you want one again. :(

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:45 pm

Trumpeter wrote:I like a bit of both but one problem with boats is when you have one it often just sits there and when you sell it due to lack of use you want one again. :(
Haha that's so true. I have a friend in a similar situation. He sold his about a year ago now but wants one again and has started looking for a new one.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Trumpeter wrote:I like a bit of both but one problem with boats is when you have one it often just sits there and when you sell it due to lack of use you want one again. :(
Haha that's so true. I have a friend in a similar situation. He sold his about a year ago now but wants one again and has started looking for a new one.
I use the boat pretty much at least once a week, all year round. Unless I get crazy busy with work/life, or the weather gods are hating on me, i'll find a way to get out there.

I can imagine it would be a big call to have a boat if its only getting used a couple of times a year, it is a fairly expensive item to just have sitting around.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:53 pm

Sounds like you make good use of your boat :) even in winter do you take it out at least once a week?

Elly27

Post by Elly27 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:46 pm

BIG GAV wrote:G'day fellow northern suburbian non boat owner! Can I ask why u want in on a boat? Landbased is great (well freshwater I am not at all a fan of piers) it's also a lot cheaper.

Welcome anyway, keep an eye out cause there are a few blokes on here who do offer the deckie spot from time to time
Hey Gav, I have never fished on a boat and would like to experience it. I have had my fair share of land based fishing and would like to see if I enjoy the boat fishing. To be able to go out in the sea and fish from the boat just thinking about it makes you have pins and needles haha.

I am not talking about big charter boats, just a small boat like a jetty or something.

Elly27

Post by Elly27 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Ajantis wrote:Hey....

Join a local fishing club,let them know you dont have a boat but enjoy fishing. They are always wanting deck hands.

Cheers
Fishing club requires membership, I just want trips where I can put in money for the journey.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:55 pm

Elly27 wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:G'day fellow northern suburbian non boat owner! Can I ask why u want in on a boat? Landbased is great (well freshwater I am not at all a fan of piers) it's also a lot cheaper.

Welcome anyway, keep an eye out cause there are a few blokes on here who do offer the deckie spot from time to time
Hey Gav, I have never fished on a boat and would like to experience it. I have had my fair share of land based fishing and would like to see if I enjoy the boat fishing. To be able to go out in the sea and fish from the boat just thinking about it makes you have pins and needles haha.

I am not talking about big charter boats, just a small boat like a jetty or something.
A guy called bowl puts up a post from time to time looking for a deckie mate :)

Elly27

Post by Elly27 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Elly27 wrote:

A guy called bowl puts up a post from time to time looking for a deckie mate :)
Can you link me his profile please?

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:18 pm

another option is hire a boat, you hire one for like 4 or 6 hours from Williamstown or mordialloc that's what I did a few times b4 I bought a boat you don't need a licence, well I didn't need one and that was about 12years ago not sure what the rules are now but worth looking in to.

Return to “General”