where to buy perch

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
trout-hunter
Has liked: 8 times

where to buy perch

Post by trout-hunter » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:50 pm

Hey all im wanting to put some silver perch or yellow belly in a dam but cant find anywhere local, im in croydon and was wondering if anyone knows of a breeder and a rough price?
Cheers

rick_mac

Re: where to buy perch

Post by rick_mac » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Contact the DPI you can purchace fingerlings and mature fish of the department or they should be able to provide you with the information to contact a licensed breeder that's the better way to do it as you'll get quality healthy fish

Milk man

Post by Milk man » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:31 pm

There's a native fish farm in glenburn on Break O Day rd.. Used to be about 50 cents a fish depending on how many you brought
M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

trout-hunter
Has liked: 8 times

Post by trout-hunter » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:00 pm

Awesome. Cheers fellas.
il look into the one in glenburn. i checked with the dpi and i never knew redfin where illegal like carp. There all perch but only silvers and yellows can be sold. Reddies are bloody good eating, yellow belly are a bit to fatty and ive never eaten a silver before.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:57 pm

Milk man wrote:There's a native fish farm in glenburn on Break O Day rd.. Used to be about 50 cents a fish depending on how many you brought
I got mine through them and occasionally they can do pick up in lilydale area through one of there workers
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “General”