Stuff that happens while fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
vinhii

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by vinhii » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:36 am

hahahaha already MMS you fc stop trolling ;)
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Plas-Flicker

Post by Plas-Flicker » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Took a mate out fishing once - a complete noob, doesnt fish and probably never will again. there is a long story to this but will cut to the chase, he ended up with a trebble in his ass :shock: His nickname forever more is captain hook :icon_lolz:
Tight lines = Good Times!

rixter

Post by rixter » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 pm

A funny story just popped into mind that happened to me 22 years ago !.

Anyway, I went for a holiday to Bermagui in NSW when i was 18 in chase of Marlin. On the day of the charter I arrived around the pier about 1hr early.
I went for a bit of a wonder around and stumbled across at least 100 people crammed together fishing along a rockwall about 100m long near the pier, it was shoulder to shoulder fishing.

I had my light gear in the car , and being eager and early i thought i would try for something small for a while before the charter was due to arrive and leave.
So , i wondered up this rock break , couldn't even get in between anyone as it was so packed. I got to the end of the 100m or so breakwall without any chance of getting in amongst the fishing, walking back I looked to the other side of the breakwall, which was only about 3 meters wide , and the other side is a swimming hole / part of the sea.

The water was so clear that I could see that there was like chicken wire under the water seperating (protecting) the swimming area from the main water.
Looking even closer I noticed a huge hole in the wire (gee that water was so clean/clear !), and while looking I noticed huge schools of tailor swimming in and out of the hole into the swimming area. There was no-one swimming ........so.............

This is where is gets funny ! .... Straight away I setup a 2 inch silver/bluebait lure on my rod (like a small sambo spinning rig). While setting up and looking at this swimming hole, a local behind me on the packed side of the rocks turns around , has a few words then says "you won't catch anything in there , that's a swimming hole ! smh ", gave me the real idiot look too !. I just grinned and said "oh,ok", ignoring what he said anyway. First cast I landed a tailor in seconds , then another , and another, and so on. I recon i got around 20+ tailor in about 5 minutes !.

Not wanting to keep them anyway , I handed them out as i left walking back down the 100m rockledge ( didn't give any to the bloke who bagged me ! ). As soon as I got to the start of the rockwall again I turned back around to find just about 'EVERYONE' fishing the other side of the rockwall in the swimming hole ( including the bloke who said it's a fishing hole and nothing in there !~ ), yet before hand not even 1 person was fishing it 1 minute before !.

It wasn't even my local area and I managed to bag out in minutes on tailor ..lol, ah ! / memories :D , good ones too ! ..lol. Bloody good fishing over there. Was an excellent holiday with heaps of fishing, and realy good fishing results!.
A shame ..but.. from my experiences in NSW over the years, the fishing $hits all over any Vic water fishing i've done in my whole life!.

Going to sell up soon and go on the big fishing trip around Australia for a year or so. Exmouth in W.A is looking like a go for a homebase when i settle down again eventualy after the trip, awesome fishing there too!. Don't even need a rod when fishing inshore , just a handline and leather glove , fish after fish as the bait hits the water / all 'HUGE' fish too !, and an awesome huge coral reef to snorkle or scoober, just a walk into the water off the beach edge, with every huge fish under the sun there / pure bliss !.

I've been away from saltwater for far too long now / I do miss it !. I love my freshwater fishing and all , but nothing beats big game fishing :D.

Anyway , the marlin didn't show for the day on the charter , but i did manage to land a 56kg yellow fin tuna / c&r , still my biggest fish to this day :D.
Cheers , Rick.
Last edited by rixter on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:21 pm

spent 10 minutes trying to heave the boat off the trailer at the ramp yesterday, before i realized that i had forgotten to take the tie downs off :clap: Bangg

sasquatch972
Has liked: 22 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:30 pm

had my surf reel fall to bits on the beach at woolami in 2005....just after i had casted out about 70m!..... pays to check over equipment and tighten lose screws!

As above ^^^ my uncle did that @ rhyll first time he went fishing in his first boat...was also the last time that boat went on the water...deathtrap of a thing!

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:16 pm

scott__henning wrote:spent 10 minutes trying to heave the boat off the trailer at the ramp yesterday, before i realized that i had forgotten to take the tie downs off :clap: Bangg
Did something similar.

Was launching my tinnie off the beach @ Grammar. Had the trailer in the water. Took off the tie downs and walked over to the rear of boat. Grabbed both of the handles at the stern off the boat and with then yanked it. Nothing. I though .. must be stuck so a couple of yanks later nothing .. every yank i could see the car wobble. Somethings not right i thought as i walked over to the rear of the car to notice the winch was still connected to the boat. :doh1:

Looked around to see if anyone was watching .. quietly unhooked the winch. At least i knew the winch was doing its job.

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:26 pm

My dad told me a funny story which involved my uncle who had never fished before. About 20 years ago my father was still living in Scotland and as some of you may know the fishig there is mainly trout and salmon fishing, anyway they were on a holiday to somewhere up north and decided to hire a small dinghy/tinny and go for a troll around the loch. Seeing my uncle had never fished before my dad tried his best to teach him and he was actually doing ok. No fish were caught and the whiskey was being guzzled and then the worst thing possible happened. My uncle st on a treble hook. He let out a huge scream of swear words and my dad was pi55ig him sell laughing. My dad had to poor whiskey on his ar5e to numb the pain and yank the treble out. Apparently to this day my uncle stil has a scar on his back end. He has never been fishig again.
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:33 pm

In pursuit of redfin a few years ago with my mate. I caught one and got it into the bank - a good size fish. My mate picks the fish up by holding onto the lure. He then looks at me whilst holding the fish (by the lure) and says and I quote " good fish, what did you get it on"!
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Rod Bender wrote:In pursuit of redfin a few years ago with my mate. I caught one and got it into the bank - a good size fish. My mate picks the fish up by holding onto the lure. He then looks at me whilst holding the fish (by the lure) and says and I quote " good fish, what did you get it on"!
Face palm moment haha
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

B J Hassan

Post by B J Hassan » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:48 pm

me and my brother went fishing in the Goulburn the other day had a few beers nothing doing on cheese decide to change to yabbies anyway if we get a snag for **** and giggles we generally take the shirt off swim out and see if we can unhook it well my brother gets a snag cant work it off so jumps in swims over to where its snagged duck dives down a few seconds laters comes up screaming - forgot we changed from cheese to yabbies come up with blood coming out of his finger where the yabbie nipped him when he tried to unhook it - was **** funny

Return to “General”