Stuff that happens while fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
tboner

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by tboner » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:34 am

minimal wrote:This is a shameless repost from another forum (apologies if it's already been listed), but in keeping with the above story - remember kids, safety first on the water!

There are some funny and tragic moments - particularly the closing dialogue where the bloke explains he has filled his yak with water to give it stability, then falls over in 2 feet of water. Priceless!

[youtube]5tcqCscAaOY[/youtube]
Hahaha priceless

GummySlayer

Post by GummySlayer » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Sam!

I know you mostly fish off the boat.. But i'm gonna head out again this weekend of the shore and have a crack.

Let me know if you're keen! :bounce:

Btw, I was gonna PM ya, but for some reason it wasn't working :/

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Not as bad as you fellows....

Fishing off my kayak, caught one of bigger model of flatty (in my personal record). First one, reasonable sized, contemplating keep or throw back. While measuring fish slipped out of my grip and falls into water. O well, that helped me to decide.
Then caught a 45cm flatt, where I stabbed it in the head to put it out of misery. While fish is dead instantatiously, I pull it up while still stuck on my fish knife, turn around to place it into my esky, fish tail hit the esky, slides off the knife and into the drink. My eyes were watching the dead flatty floating slowly into the water, but took me 5 seconds before my brain realise what happen and franticly trying to get a net to scope it back up, but only had a small short handle net, so can't get...... And that was my only worth keeping fish for the day as well ......

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Tossing soft plastics around the barwon river i saw a guy with an amazing Tri-maran with a collapsable sale trolling and spinning for fish. Also then saw him lose a whole outfit over the side, Waved to him later cos i felt bad for the poor guy. He had an awesome boat that he'd clearly spent a lot of money on, good quality gear and no fish, where as i landed half a dozen in front of him with my el cheapo rod and 17 year old reel.

IF you happen to be on this forum that boat was awesome man!
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

wading not drowning

Post by wading not drowning » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:46 pm

You reminded me Dougie of when I watched an ugly stick + shimano reel of mine disappear into the wake of my mates tinny(the same mate and tinny from the sinking troopie story) while trollin the trees up the big river arm one winter.Funny how you forget the bad stuff.

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Post by Murlz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:22 am

A few of us were tied up close to each other fishing some nice snags on the murray. Some very unsavory banter was being thrown back and forth between the boats, all having a ball. My 17 year old nephew had borrowed his Dad's baitcaster set up. Pretty red thing, pfluger real, nice. So! Dear nephew puts rod down for less than two seconds and WHOOSH. The bloody thing takes of over the side, like he had hooked a jet ski, and dissapears in the drink without so much as a splash. Well the banter sopped dead. Silence on the river. Even the stupid cockatoos shut up. Didn't last long though because on some unseen signal all but ONE of us just pissed our pants laughing. Nephew dear was the exception. "It's not F*&^in funny. Stop laughin." (pause) "THAT WAS DADS GOOD ROD. The look on his face was absolutley priceless. He's lookin over the side trying to levitate the gear back to the surface. And his Dad was laughing as hard as the rest of us. He still has not lived it down. Never will.
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

Riffy

Post by Riffy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Biggest thing I ever caught while fishing was my poor German Sheppard :/

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Riffy wrote:Biggest thing I ever caught while fishing was my poor German Sheppard :/
wtf lol?
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 pm

Put a entire squid head on and see a seal throwing it around and eating it and causing a mess of your braid and hooking it & listening to it yelp and then let go LOL shiit happens... took me nearly 2hrs to unwrap the birds nest!
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:16 am

vinhii wrote:Put a entire squid head on and see a seal throwing it around and eating it and causing a mess of your braid and hooking it & listening to it yelp and then let go LOL shiit happens... took me nearly 2hrs to unwrap the birds nest!
video or it did not happen
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “General”