Selling my boat

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
snapper hunter

Re: Selling my boat

Post by snapper hunter » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:04 am

Boat ownership adds up, but it provides a lot of benefits which you can't put a price on.

It looks like an awesome boat, well set up and I wish you good luck with the sale.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:07 am

Nude up wrote:My wife reckons my flathead is $350 a kilo and it would be cheaper if we bought fish.
Thought that was pretty funny until I realised your a better fisherman than me...my one snapper so far this season was probably $1000/kg.
I was going past a few charters on the weekend and looked at everyone standing shoulder to shoulder & thought bugger that...I reckon I'd hate being a charter boat operator (its hard enough looking after my 2 kids).
*having generous decky's can make a trip inexpensive (the guys that get 1st round invites on my boat are the ones that turn up on time, bring some food/coffee/beer and throw in some cash at the end of the day)

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:41 am

Mattblack wrote:
Nude up wrote: *having generous decky's can make a trip inexpensive (the guys that get 1st round invites on my boat are the ones that turn up on time, bring some food/coffee/beer and throw in some cash at the end of the day)

Thats just common courtesy. Isnt it?

If stuff me around and dont turn up you dont get a second invite.
Most people that come out with me are really helpful parking the car, offer food even tho i always bring food, some bring bait but i normally have enough unless they wants something special, and offer money for fuel , great conversation and we all have a great time.
Thats fishing

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:53 am

smile0784 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Nude up wrote: *having generous decky's can make a trip inexpensive (the guys that get 1st round invites on my boat are the ones that turn up on time, bring some food/coffee/beer and throw in some cash at the end of the day)

Thats just common courtesy. Isnt it?

If stuff me around and dont turn up you dont get a second invite.
Most people that come out with me are really helpful parking the car, offer food even tho i always bring food, some bring bait but i normally have enough unless they wants something special, and offer money for fuel , great conversation and we all have a great time.
Thats fishing

Guess what I'm saying is that a good crew can make a good day into a fantastic day. I saw a group of older gents in a magnificent Bass Strait Boat work like an Formula 1 pit team off Ryhll a couple of weeks ago. It was awesome to watch...they all had separate jobs & had their vessel washed, flushed, etc before I could even tie my straps down....I can only guess the financial side of the trip (petrol, food, bait, etc) was just as organised and efficient.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:37 pm

The better crew and all that ajob things get done and we all have a good time and the burdon doesnt fall to one person all the time

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Once you start pricing up your trips, or cost of any hobby then it's hard to justify it and things always get sold. Whilst continuing on with trying to talk him out of it keeps the ad up high, damage done already once the maths come out

Seriously though anyone, these are a very decent hull that don't come up for sale often. The Northbank 550C is an identical hull at an extra $30k upfront.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Its a great boat not wrong. If it was 6 months ago i would of got it

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Yepimon should seriously look at it i reckon..

On the other hand yes. Having good deckies are a godsend.. i only ask the ones i have confidence in..

Almost all trips ive been a deckie involve paying for your share of the trip and an offer/share of food of some sort ( i generally take some biscuits and chocolates) and a good fun attitude..and helping with the cleanup after.
Bonus is being able to reverse a trailer, drive the boat if needed..

If you get invited back then tour doing something right

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:02 pm

steve if you bring chocolate you can always come again, lol
just dont catch the first fish again,
dont you know its courtesy to let the captain catch the first fish lol

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Ha - My rule is guests bring the meal (breakfast/lunch/dinner) etc. We usually have bait, fishing gear and petrol sorted anyway.

Return to “General”