What’s Your Fishing Resume?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: What’s Your Fishing Resume?

Post by Lightningx » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:40 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:45 pm
Few good stories here :thumbsup:
Definitely some very good stories here :P
Great topic :thumbsup:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:20 am

This Bloke here taught me about fishing, ever since I can remember.

Dad fishing.JPG

Digging Worms.JPG
Digging Worms.JPG (23.13 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

Camp.JPG
Camp.JPG (26.18 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

He taught me other bad habits too

Bike.JPG

Dad tavern.JPG
Dad tavern.JPG (28.51 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

He was my father, but he also taught me that anyone who holds a rod , , , , can be my brother

Cheers, Bill , , , , kicks black dogs in the nuts :tongue:

Sebb
Has liked: 3019 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:21 am

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:20 am

Dad fishing.JPG

Digging Worms.JPG

Camp.JPG

Bike.JPG

Dad tavern.JPG

He was my father, but he also taught me that anyone who holds a rod , , , , can be my brother

Gotta love Dad, he's my hero. He's always there for me and the whole family.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Post by russellh2 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Post War Baby
Born in Sale Victoria in 1949
I lived in Stratford until 3
Moved to Swan hill
Bait and Lure fished Murray / Little Murray / Wakool Edwards / Merrin Creek with great success
Moved to Melbourne - Introduces to Salt Water fishing - Loved it
Also fished Upper Yarra / Upper Goulburn / Stephenson / Acheron - Mainly bait
1907 - Introduced to Fly Fishing and Lake Eucumbene - Fell in love with both - Taught how to tie my own Flies and eventually Built my own Fly Rods - Have visited and fished Eucumbene 60+ time in the past and have a trip planned for later this year.
Took me a long time from a tender age of around 10 to understand what my Dad meant when he said "Love my fishing, catching a fish is a bonus"
Still fishing - Love a nice quiet river drowning, worms / Spinning as well as boat fishing - Bait / Spinning / Trolling.
The best fishermen I have had the pleasure of fishing with and learning from - My Dad (RIP Dad) my Uncle Fred (RIP) / Doug Ristic ( RIP Mate) and Adrian Webb (Meppstas).

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:48 pm

Bugatti wrote:

Dad fishing.JPG

Digging Worms.JPG

Camp.JPG

Bike.JPG

Dad tavern.JPG

Looks like you have great memories there mate

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:34 pm

Bugatti wrote:

Dad fishing.JPG

Digging Worms.JPG

Camp.JPG

Bike.JPG

Dad tavern.JPG

I’m the same Mr Bug! My old man taught me everything! :P

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:58 am

Lightningx wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:34 pm
Bugatti wrote:

Dad fishing.JPG

Digging Worms.JPG

Camp.JPG

Bike.JPG

Dad tavern.JPG

I think I was taught land based fishing on station peir and by my step dad and boat fishing by pa at bermagui

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:14 am

smile0784 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:58 am
Lightningx wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:34 pm
Bugatti wrote:

Dad fishing.JPG

Digging Worms.JPG

Camp.JPG

Bike.JPG

Dad tavern.JPG

I think I was taught land based fishing on station peir and by my step dad and boat fishing by pa at bermagui
I’ve caught plenty of nice fish off station pier :)

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:25 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 am

Good topic idea Whiskers!
Yes, I'm happy to say, I agree Mr Camper, what a friggin great topic idea , , , , so back on topic :)

My Parents came from a little Greek Island (Lemnos , , , , the Island for the Gallipoli campaign staging area). So fishing was a way of life.

As kids we (my Sisters and I) were brought up with fishing and all that was associated with it. From fishing, to raking up Crabs, to collecting and preparing Cockles, Sea Urchins (yeah, tried them over and over and the best I could do was not spit them out right away) , , , , really, all manner of fishing and seafood. I heard many of Dad's fishing stories :-D

We weren't elaborate fishermen, more the humble bread and butter specie. We would catch Squid (Calamari) when they were seen as "Eeeewww, what are they' , , , , oddly enough, still to this day, I hear some people say "they don't eat Squid BUT love Calamari" , , , , I smile

Dad and I did venture into the Snapper realm, and we were hooked, many a fish was landed or lost to the excitment of both of us. Dad's best place to go was Whyalla , , , , you may say it was the Snapper, but it was more for the resident Dolphins that he could call at will , , , , was amazing to see , , , , pity a few trips he couldn't do that with the Snapper.

My mate Don, introduced me to Surf Fishing, which was his passion. (I introduced Don to Snapper Fishing, and he took to it like a duck to water, best Snapper Guy i have fished with). Well I took to Surf Fishing like a duck to cement , , , , made a right mess of it over and over. Don, is a legend and very patient , , , , thanks Don. He introduced me to Braid and I curse him for that every time thinks go wrong , , , , but it has been advantages many a time , , , , and I may have forgotten to praise braid at those times. Mullies , , , , what a way to fish , , , , has mate-ship written all over it, well that's when we aren't 4x4ing the dunes :-D

I have been offered many times to go BIG fish reef bashing, Tuna Fishing and the higher aspect of fishing but, that doesn't interest me. Happy with my little Fishing Universe and and happy to be the Court Jesture in that , , , ,

oh , , , , and annoying you guys too :-D

Cheers, Bugatti

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:47 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:25 pm
happyfriggincamper wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 am

Good topic idea Whiskers!
Yes, I'm happy to say, I agree Mr Camper, what a friggin great topic idea , , , , so back on topic :)

My Parents came from a little Greek Island (Lemnos , , , , the Island for the Gallipoli campaign staging area). So fishing was a way of life.

As kids we (my Sisters and I) were brought up with fishing and all that was associated with it. From fishing, to raking up Crabs, to collecting and preparing Cockles, Sea Urchins (yeah, tried them over and over and the best I could do was not spit them out right away) , , , , really, all manner of fishing and seafood. I heard many of Dad's fishing stories :-D

We weren't elaborate fishermen, more the humble bread and butter specie. We would catch Squid (Calamari) when they were seen as "Eeeewww, what are they' , , , , oddly enough, still to this day, I hear some people say "they don't eat Squid BUT love Calamari" , , , , I smile

Dad and I did venture into the Snapper realm, and we were hooked, many a fish was landed or lost to the excitment of both of us. Dad's best place to go was Whyalla , , , , you may say it was the Snapper, but it was more for the resident Dolphins that he could call at will , , , , was amazing to see , , , , pity a few trips he couldn't do that with the Snapper.

My mate Don, introduced me to Surf Fishing, which was his passion. (I introduced Don to Snapper Fishing, and he took to it like a duck to water, best Snapper Guy i have fished with). Well I took to Surf Fishing like a duck to cement , , , , made a right mess of it over and over. Don, is a legend and very patient , , , , thanks Don. He introduced me to Braid and I curse him for that every time thinks go wrong , , , , but it has been advantages many a time , , , , and I may have forgotten to praise braid at those times. Mullies , , , , what a way to fish , , , , has mate-ship written all over it, well that's when we aren't 4x4ing the dunes :-D

I have been offered many times to go BIG fish reef bashing, Tuna Fishing and the higher aspect of fishing but, that doesn't interest me. Happy with my little Fishing Universe and and happy to be the Court Jesture in that , , , ,

oh , , , , and annoying you guys too :-D

Cheers, Bugatti

Spot on. Keep it simple is the way to go.

Return to “General”