Crown Frontage Survey

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Crown Frontage Survey

Post by Truedogz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:57 am

Our 'friends' at DELWP are at it again. I've only just found this at Robbie Alexander's page, a survey for a 'Crown Water Frontages Licensing Reform Project':

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BSMMPFL

A quick Google finds absolutely no information about such a project. What are the proposals? What is the agenda they are running?????

Get the survey results and justify any planned action they want to take????

For background information on the current situation go to:

https://www.forestsandreserves.vic.gov. ... itions.pdf

The first rule is never trust DELWP. The second rule is when in doubt refer to rule 1. In recent years there has been some skullduggery going on with closures on public land by stealth.

Hello VRfish, what is this about?

I'd suggest everybody complete the survey and voice any concerns. The status quo re public access should remain.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

drew 2

Re: Crown Frontage Survey

Post by drew 2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Done Will :thumbsup:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:31 am

Done the old primary producers restricting public access is a problem.

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:35 pm

rb85 wrote:Done the old primary producers restricting public access is a problem.
Two way street of course.

Document states : "The public has the right to enter and remain on the licensed Crown water frontage for certain recreational purposes, such as walking, fishing or bird watching, but not to camp or light fires."

Our neighbour gets a few people walk in from a road bridge and up the creek. Problem is they don't necessarily stick to the crown frontage. And they light fires, which they aren't supposed to do. Frequently. A couple of years ago someone lit a fire, failed to extinguish it and burn out one of his paddocks, 50 acres or so I think. No idea who it was. So you can see why farmers might get a bit protective sometimes....

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote:Done the old primary producers restricting public access is a problem.

Document states : "The public has the right to enter and remain on the licensed Crown water frontage for certain recreational purposes, such as walking, fishing or bird watching, but not to camp or light fires."

Our neighbour gets a few people walk in from a road bridge and up the creek. Problem is they don't necessarily stick to the crown frontage. And they light fires, which they aren't supposed to do. Frequently. A couple of years ago someone lit a fire, failed to extinguish it and burn out one of his paddocks, 50 acres or so I think. No idea who it was. So you can see why farmers might get a bit protective sometimes....
Of course its a two way street no body should be doing the wrong thing. Unfortunately theres an element from the primary producer who feels they can dictate to the public. Intergenerational thing.

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:09 pm

rb85 wrote:
Queasy wrote: Of course its a two way street no body should be doing the wrong thing. Unfortunately theres an element from the primary producer who feels they can dictate to the public. Intergenerational thing.
Again, two way street. A friend of mine had a woman turn up on his place determined to drive up an unused road reserve running through his farm, just to prove a point that she could do so, legally. He warned her off (for her own safety) but she persisted. Low and behold she got bogged. She then came asking to be towed out. Her informed her of the fee (buggered if he was going to get her out for free after warning her of the danger!), she refused to pay and went off in the direction of the next nearest farmhouse. So he calls them them, tells then the story, and suggests they charge twice what he charged. She wouldn't pay me mate, but paid his neighbour double.

Sounds like you've had some bad experiences....I'd just suggest you know where you stand, and respectfully assert your rights.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:50 am

Queasy wrote:

Its not worth letting anybody on your property unless you no them.

Ten years ago i was over the rubbishl left behind,fires lit on total fire ban days property stolen and vaberlised ,gates left open,stock chased ,firearms being discharged in unsafe places.....ect ect ect

The risk is to great.

Gates giot locked years ago

Cheers bm
Last edited by barra mick on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:56 am

Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Queasy wrote: Of course its a two way street no body should be doing the wrong thing. Unfortunately theres an element from the primary producer who feels they can dictate to the public. Intergenerational thing.
Again, two way street. A friend of mine had a woman turn up on his place determined to drive up an unused road reserve running through his farm, just to prove a point that she could do so, legally. He warned her off (for her own safety) but she persisted. Low and behold she got bogged. She then came asking to be towed out. Her informed her of the fee (buggered if he was going to get her out for free after warning her of the danger!), she refused to pay and went off in the direction of the next nearest farmhouse. So he calls them them, tells then the story, and suggests they charge twice what he charged. She wouldn't pay me mate, but paid his neighbour double.

Sounds like you've had some bad experiences....I'd just suggest you know where you stand, and respectfully assert your rights.
Ive had the exact same thing a few years ago.....cut the locks trying to find the river and then wanted help getting there car out......

Car still there today.

Some people only learn the hard way

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Truedogz » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:16 am

Years ago I managed a farm not far from Seymour. I let people come on to have a fish, even camp. One arvo I came home and found the front door kicked in. My outboard and most of my tackle was gone, including a reel which belonged to my dad. :( When you have an experience like that you understand why places get locked up.

I stuck to my principles and still let people on, despite being angry, because we have wonderful access to our waterways due to the foresight of people in the past. Travel to other parts of Australia and you quickly find out that the same rights don't exist.

In recent years I have watched access to waterways diminish with some closures through quite dishonest actions. I can understand a cocky locking the gate due to the poor behaviour of a few but have zero tolerance for government agencies doing it based on ideology.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:13 am

Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote:

No I haven’t had bad experiences being honest and friendly helps part of my family comes from an agricultural background. Also am aware of the multi generational farming families dating back to colonisation and the lineage that comes with it. There’s a bit of we will tell you what’s good for you attitude that stinks.

Return to “General”