LILLYDALE LAKE FISHING REPORT 29/5/17

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
TheLoneTurtle

LILLYDALE LAKE FISHING REPORT 29/5/17

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Mon May 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Lillydale lake is a great option if you love fishing and not catching fish. I was there for six hours today and my bait stayed on the whole time not a single tap. I was using worms, bread, powerbait and corn. And it has been like this the last 10 times iv'e been there no fish and beautiful weather. There used to be lots of carp there years ago but then they drained it and now there practically nothing. I saw some people taking way over the bag limit for the stocked rainbow trout a few weeks ago. Maybe that's why there is nothing left for me :( I would recommend DON'T go there and go to some more decent places such as Sugerloaf reservoir (has good redfin and golden perch) and even Jells park is not bad either!!
Last edited by TheLoneTurtle on Tue May 30, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clintos

Re: LILLYDALE LAKE FISHING REPORT 29/5/17

Post by Clintos » Mon May 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Have you tried fishing olinda creek that runs into the lake? Might be a few trout that escape the lake?

It's disapointing when the family fiahing lakes get fiahed out so quickly once stocked. Maybe should be tougher restrictions for adults or at least have an increased fisheries presence for a period following stocking.

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Mon May 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Cheers for the report - Lilydale has always been a slog to catch fish in my experience there.

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Mon May 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Clintos wrote:Have you tried fishing olinda creek that runs into the lake? Might be a few trout that escape the lake?

It's disapointing when the family fiahing lakes get fiahed out so quickly once stocked. Maybe should be tougher restrictions for adults or at least have an increased fisheries presence for a period following stocking.
Actually that creek was fish heaven a few months ago on the parking near the skate park and the first part of the creek on the wall where the water comes in. Used to be packed with redfin and brown trout and once i caught 16 fish, 11 redfin, 2 eels, 1 river blackfish and 2 rainbow trout and im guessing that those trout came in because i was fishing very heavy rain at the time. (I was desperate). Eventually people saw me catching those fish (i released them) and suddenly one nice afternoon there were no spots at all on the first and second part. There were these people that thought it would be a good idea to bring a million of their friends. Didn't catch a thing. Ever since i never caught a fish again from there. :down: :oops:
Last edited by TheLoneTurtle on Tue May 30, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Mon May 29, 2017 9:32 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:Cheers for the report - Lilydale has always been a slog to catch fish in my experience there.
Agreed. It seems like such a perfect environment for fish to breed and live though!

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Mon May 29, 2017 9:55 pm

Eric seemed to catch a trout there every other day.

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Mon May 29, 2017 10:20 pm

Family stocked lakes get stocked at specific times, hence they get hammered at those times until there is nothing left.

tropicalfisher

Post by tropicalfisher » Tue May 30, 2017 8:51 am

Frustrating about exceeding bag limits but no need to mention race. There are people of every race who break fishing rules.

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Tue May 30, 2017 11:43 am

:oops: :( yeah a couple months ago i was going there regularly and i was using soft plastics. i was getting alot of hits and i caught 3 redfin in six hours. i went a couple weeks ago and didnt get one bight for 5 hours. i guess youvw just gotta time it right when they stock it

TheLoneTurtle

Post by TheLoneTurtle » Tue May 30, 2017 8:46 pm

laneends wrote:Family stocked lakes get stocked at specific times, hence they get hammered at those times until there is nothing left.
i know, its very annoying!

Return to “General”