Cod classic 2018!!

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Re: Cod classic 2018!!

Post by April Fool » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:25 pm

Not long to go now! Me thinks I will wait until Tuesday to go. Yabby collection has started! The Goulburn looks like it will be steady for the next week but I may even try a location where I haven't caught a cod...but I know they are there. Does anyone have any new techniques that they will be trying? I am still chasing my first cod off the surface. Good luck to all chasing cod, be it in the comp or somewhere else.
cheers
Jim

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:43 pm

Got the kayaks sorted, ready to head off in the morning...Woohoo!!!
yaks.jpg

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Yep jim is right as long as it’s caught in the same water it’s fair game! I have tried it Jim it has to work.. but it didn’t for me

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:53 pm

FYI I caught f all in the classic got 2 brand new lures one we pulled up the other floating.. that’s a plus..

greggo

Post by greggo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:45 am

BIG GAV wrote:FYI I caught f all in the classic got 2 brand new lures one we pulled up the other floating.. that’s a plus..
I didn't do much better, though I did win a lure in the lucky number draw!

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:44 pm

greggo wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:FYI I caught f all in the classic got 2 brand new lures one we pulled up the other floating.. that’s a plus..
I didn't do much better, though I did win a lure in the lucky number draw!
Every year after the classic I say I’m not doin it again cause it’s like Easter it’s chaos.. I’ll probably be back next year tho lmao

greggo

Post by greggo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:49 am

BIG GAV wrote:Every year after the classic I say I’m not doin it again cause it’s like Easter it’s chaos.. I’ll probably be back next year tho lmao
It gets pretty crazy there with 2500+ fishermen trying to get their boats in the water. There were some really long line-ups at the ramps, with even worse parking queues. Fortunately I was in a yak so I didn't have that problem, and could fish a lot of spots the boats couldn't get to...not that it helped my score at all.

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:27 am

greggo wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:Every year after the classic I say I’m not doin it again cause it’s like Easter it’s chaos.. I’ll probably be back next year tho lmao
It gets pretty crazy there with 2500+ fishermen trying to get their boats in the water. There were some really long line-ups at the ramps, with even worse parking queues. Fortunately I was in a yak so I didn't have that problem, and could fish a lot of spots the boats couldn't get to...not that it helped my score at all.
Yeah I prefer fw fishing and the quiet bit ramps is a big plus for me.. the classic reminds me of Altona boat ramp on cup weekend

Return to “Fishing Competitions”