Cod classic 2018!!

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Cod classic 2018!!

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:10 pm

Almost here folks (not the classic, cod season!!!)
Open day is on the Saturday which means cod season opens the day of the classic!! Should go right off!!

Who’s going?
Last year I left Thursday night camped at kyffins season opened at midnight n from the bank I got my first of the season off the top!! At 12:10am!

Friday we prefished, got 7 cod. No monsters by any means but a great day on the lake! The weather was terrible that weekend my camp turned to a pond my gazebo flipped pulled the pegs up n all! The wind changed at night n in the morning all the boats tied up were full of water, mine included!

So this year I’m better prepared n booked accomodation! A hot shower does wonders when ur soaked to the bone haha! Leaving on the Friday after work n staying at bourkes!

I only fish 2 outta my boat but if anyone is coming up or considering it I’d happily fish alongside some fellow FV members (I already have a co angler).My exp isn’t as great there as some but I remember the first time I fished it n man it was daunting!

If u got ur own gameplay in mind let’s rally up for a beer at the pub!

Hope to see yas there!!

Gav

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Cod classic 2018!!

Post by greggo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:26 am

I cant wait!

I'll be fishing the kayak comp, hopefully I can get a podium finish this year. Last few years I've missed out by just a couple of millimetres.

Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Millzee » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:31 am

Yep, booked cabin at DC's, can cover a lot of the lake from there

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Millzee wrote:Yep, booked cabin at DC's, can cover a lot of the lake from there
Not wrong mate! Awesome little park! Good ramp too.. n most the areas I fish are close by! I didn’t even bother with dc when I made booking as I assumed they’d already be sold out.. from memory I think all the powered sites were

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:40 pm

greggo wrote:I cant wait!

I'll be fishing the kayak comp, hopefully I can get a podium finish this year. Last few years I've missed out by just a couple of millimetres.
That’s good anyway I’m always out by about a metre

billyj

Post by billyj » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:30 pm

im 50/50 at this stage

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:56 pm

BIG GAV wrote:Almost here folks (not the classic, cod season!!!).........................
I do not worry about the comp but as the season opener is less than 2 weeks away...at this time I do not have much planned! Every time I plan something I end up doing f*** all! So...I am unlikely to go out on opening weekend. Having the ability to have week days off, I likely will venture out during the first week.

What I want to try this season in regards to baitfishing (in Victoria) is catch a smallish redfin and then immediately send it back in with a hook attached. Surface fishing will also be on my agenda. I have dabbled a bit, mostly with rubber frogs but have had no luck. I just want to get that first surface cod that will boost my confidence and 'open the floodgates'! Mind you, I have always fished the surface with a positive attitude, strange how it takes a fish to make the difference!
cheers
Team Bender
Taking it one day at a time!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:32 pm

April Fool wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:Almost here folks (not the classic, cod season!!!).........................
I do not worry about the comp but as the season opener is less than 2 weeks away...at this time I do not have much planned! Every time I plan something I end up doing f*** all! So...I am unlikely to go out on opening weekend. Having the ability to have week days off, I likely will venture out during the first week.

What I want to try this season in regards to baitfishing (in Victoria) is catch a smallish redfin and then immediately send it back in with a hook attached. Surface fishing will also be on my agenda. I have dabbled a bit, mostly with rubber frogs but have had no luck. I just want to get that first surface cod that will boost my confidence and 'open the floodgates'! Mind you, I have always fished the surface with a positive attitude, strange how it takes a fish to make the difference!
cheers
Team Bender
Taking it one day at a time!
I'm pretty sure your idea on refin is illegal there in victoria...but I may be wrong

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:56 pm

barra mick wrote:.........................................................................

I'm pretty sure your idea on refin is illegal there in victoria...but I may be wrong
It is definitely OK to use live redfin in Vic. The important thing is they can only be used where you catch them. As in, you can not catch them in one waterway and then transfer them to another to use for bait. And even more important...do not try it in NSW! I work for the department of Ag and fisheries are also based here in Tatura. I have asked them and it is fine.
cheers
Team Jimbo aka rod Bender aka Miffy & Sparkles etc!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:17 pm

April Fool wrote:
barra mick wrote:.........................................................................

It is definitely OK to use live redfin in Vic. The important thing is they can only be used where you catch them. As in, you can not catch them in one waterway and then transfer them to another to use for bait. And even more important...do not try it in NSW! I work for the department of Ag and fisheries are also based here in Tatura. I have asked them and it is fine.
cheers
Team Jimbo aka rod Bender aka Miffy & Sparkles etc!
No worries all good then

Return to “Fishing Competitions”