GoFish Nagambie!

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Re: GoFish Nagambie!

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:19 pm

I’m considering it! Though every free campsite will be chockas! Accomodation will be much the same.. n I fear boat ramps on comp day may remind me of Altona or Werribee in snapper season!

That said it will be a massive event for the local economy!

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:28 pm

davek wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
Al03 wrote:Haven't been on this forum long, but I can't see the attraction of fishing shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of other anglers. The day that I go fishing to attempt to win a prize, in this case monetary, is the day I stop fishing for good.
Fishing for me is all about getting away from the crowds and time for quiet reflection without the stresses of every day life to worry about. That's why I love fishing, the world can be ending and all I am focused on is the end of my rod.
I totally agree mate fishing is about relaxing from anything else going on in the world and if your lucky catching a fish not trying to win a prize :thumbsup:
I also agree and if I did enter it would be because I live in the town and would support the event. I think that winning the event with the amount of entrants would be tattslotto like chances. As for fishing shoulder to shoulder, I know I can get out on the water away from the crowd and enjoy a days fishing for fish, not for the cash, cheers davo
I love fishing comps! Especially when your competing against good anglers! It pushes me to fish harder. Before most comps I research local reports google earth the area amongst other things all these 1%’ers to improve my chances. I haven’t made a podium outside my clubs syllabus but every comp I’m getting closer!

That aside the social atmosphere is great too! I’ve made some great mates along the way fished new areas because of such contacts and had some good weekends away with likeminded folk.

What is for some is not for others..

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:55 pm

Has anyone entered?

April Fool

Post by April Fool » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:06 pm

Not long to go now. I have not entered but likely will go and check it out. Anyone else going to check it out or enter?

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Wish I could go. Not just I'm a newb in native fishing, I'm also tied up with mrs' schedule.
Good luck for those competing!
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:01 am

So there are a few members coming up to the GoFish comp, any others that are coming want to have a meet up let us know, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

April Fool

Post by April Fool » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:37 am

It's official...Bender will be arriving around lunch time tomorrow (Friday), with my chauffeur, Perilous Pete! Is there much to see? How is the fishing going for those who have entered?
Cheers
Team Bender

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:52 am

April Fool wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:37 am
It's official...Bender will be arriving around lunch time tomorrow (Friday), with my chauffeur, Perilous Pete! Is there much to see? How is the fishing going for those who have entered?
Cheers
Team Bender
Comp doesn't start until tomorrow morning, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:32 am

Good luck all!! Wish one of yous get the $80k !
(And share the love please) :a_goodjob:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

April Fool

Post by April Fool » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:56 am

Was a good day yesterday catching up with Dangerous Dave, Badarse Brett, Mad Matari and Jovial Johhny! It was by chance that I went...thanks to a text the previous day from one of my fellow Sheppartonians who gave me a lift. With hindsight I would have liked to spend some more time looking around. I left the lure maker stalls til last when I didn't have much time left. I should have went there first. After discussions at the Kuttafurra tent it was determined that I am a lure gatherer rather than a collector.

Assuming it runs next year I may even enter. Will be talking to the guys who attended this year to check the feasibility of fishing from the bank. What did this years entrants think of the event? Also, I would appreciate it if someone could post an update of the leading fish.
Cheers
Bigarse Bender
Sitting in IGA cafe admiring the scenery!

Return to “Fishing Competitions”