Species Competition 15/16

Rod Bender

Re: Species Competition 15/16

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:22 am

ducky wrote:I'll enter. The rules are pretty shitty though. Who made those up? Haha
x 2! 8-)
Well done Dougie for taking it on!
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:18 am

DougieK wrote:
Fishn104 wrote:I'll be in this one again. Was good fun!! Just a suggestion dougie, 60/20/20 should be 1st 2nd 3rd overall, just because if your first you are most likely to be 2nd or third aswell (if that makes sense). One more thing would be a new code word. Thanks

Thanks for the note. It's not 1-2-3 it's best overall, best salt total and best fresh total I have added the following clarification to the original post:

"60/20/20 :- 60% for overall longest total cm achieved. 20% for longest freshwater total and 20% for longest saltwater total."

I'll post a new code word at midday on Saturday and we can get going. Hopefully attract a few more entries this time!

Dougie, can I suggest another amendment :-D
Would it be wise to add, that the 1st place getter, (overall length), is not eligible for the other 2 categories/places. As it's a fair chance that the person that wins, will take out atleast 1 other category, if not both.

Snapper Snatcher
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Snapper Snatcher » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:20 am

Thanks for organising Dougie, look forward to it again.
Fishing Victoria Species Comp:

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:06 am

Brett wrote:
DougieK wrote:
Fishn104 wrote:I'll be in this one again. Was good fun!! Just a suggestion dougie, 60/20/20 should be 1st 2nd 3rd overall, just because if your first you are most likely to be 2nd or third aswell (if that makes sense). One more thing would be a new code word. Thanks

Thanks for the note. It's not 1-2-3 it's best overall, best salt total and best fresh total I have added the following clarification to the original post:

"60/20/20 :- 60% for overall longest total cm achieved. 20% for longest freshwater total and 20% for longest saltwater total."

I'll post a new code word at midday on Saturday and we can get going. Hopefully attract a few more entries this time!

Dougie, can I suggest another amendment :-D
Would it be wise to add, that the 1st place getter, (overall length), is not eligible for the other 2 categories/places. As it's a fair chance that the person that wins, will take out atleast 1 other category, if not both.
Yeah, this makes sense, when I used to work at a TAB you couldn't sell a multi bet o the footy, with a win, and most goals for example, for this reason.

Chances are if Gary Ablett kicks the most goals, that Gold Coast will win too etc.

Means that even if someone gets miles ahead there is still incentive to keep going, also might encourage people that fish exclusively salt or fresh might have more of a crack too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:49 am

Brett wrote: Would it be wise to add, that the 1st place getter, (overall length), is not eligible for the other 2 categories/places. As it's a fair chance that the person that wins, will take out atleast 1 other category, if not both.

Unless someone has a very good argument against i'm happy for this to happen and will amend the rules at the end of the day.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Fishn104

Post by Fishn104 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:33 pm

That's what I was trying to say before. It's most likely the person who would win it will win either the fresh or salt as well. I think there should be a 1st 2nd and third for an overall length. That way you would be more willing to target everything coz there is something for first second and third. I think there would be more hope in everyone having a chance to win that way.
FISHING AWAKENS THE SOUL!!

Fishing Victoria Comp SPEC1516. Total: 326cm
FRESH:
Redfin 44cm. Yellow belly 39cm. Carp 81cm. Rainbow trout 33cm.

SALT: mullet 38cm. Trevally 43cm. KG Whiting 28cm. Squid 20cm.

Snapper Snatcher

Post by Snapper Snatcher » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Fishn104 wrote:That's what I was trying to say before. It's most likely the person who would win it will win either the fresh or salt as well. I think there should be a 1st 2nd and third for an overall length. That way you would be more willing to target everything coz there is something for first second and third. I think there would be more hope in everyone having a chance to win that way.
I think this idea is better for the reason explained.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:24 pm

I like Fishn and SS's ideas as well. I'll leave it open until tomorrow morning for anyone else to make their case. 1-2-3 encourages completeness of angling ability rather than just salt or fresh water aptitude but might result in less people entering.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Snapper Snatcher

Post by Snapper Snatcher » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:31 pm

Maybe make a poll and go with the idea that gets the most votes? Fishn's idea will also get more people to try new things and not just stick with what they usually do if they predominately fish either fresh or salt.

Fishn104

Post by Fishn104 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:58 pm

DougieK wrote:I like Fishn and SS's ideas as well. I'll leave it open until tomorrow morning for anyone else to make their case. 1-2-3 encourages completeness of angling ability rather than just salt or fresh water aptitude but might result in less people entering.

That's true as well doug but like most of the people with higher scores last time we all did both salt and fresh to get a decent score. If someone was only doing fresh, it would be a miracle for them to win anything. How I see the comp... Is that it gives you sometime to target if you haven't and if you have, to try and beat ur pb. Winning would be a bonus!! I know I have a pb reddy now lol
FISHING AWAKENS THE SOUL!!

Fishing Victoria Comp SPEC1516. Total: 326cm
FRESH:
Redfin 44cm. Yellow belly 39cm. Carp 81cm. Rainbow trout 33cm.

SALT: mullet 38cm. Trevally 43cm. KG Whiting 28cm. Squid 20cm.

Return to “Fishing Competitions”