Fishing Victoria Species Comp 14/15

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Fishing Victoria Species Comp 14/15

Post by ducky » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:20 pm

Ok guys, we are doing it all again. Here’s the rules for the competition. Not much has changed except for run time and entry fee plus a couple of species. I haven’t reinvent the wheel, instead I’ve just amended the old set of rules with the new species etc.
Entry Fee: $25 paid to the Fishing Victoria PayPal account. The email address is admin@fishing-victoria.com Please select ‘payment to friends/family’ otherwise fees are incurred that Jon has to pay out of the pool. Add your member name to the transaction in the message section. Then contact Jon (fishingvic) to let him know you have paid. He will confirm payment received and you will be entered into the comp.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/s ... eive-money" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Entries Close: New Year’s Eve 2014
Comp Starts 01/07/14 and ends 30/06/15 at 4:00pm

The Competition prizes are Split 60-20-20, with 60% of the total prize pool going to the fisherman with the largest accumulative length of fish in whole centimetres. The remaining 40% of the prize pool is split into 20% for largest Saltwater accumulative and another 20% for largest freshwater accumulative totals.

The target 20 Species are as following
Fresh species, Murray Cod, Yellow Belly, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Redfin, Short Finned Eel, Bass, Roach, River Blackfish and Carp
Salt species, Silver Trevally, King George Whiting, Estuary Perch, Yellow-eye Mullet, Australian Salmon, Black Bream, Squid (hood length only) Snapper, Flathead (all species) and Mulloway.

Run time, 1st July 2014 to Midnight 30th June 2015, entries to be cut off on New Year’s Day.

Cost, $25.
Only fish of legal size are to be entered. Photos to be taken with the fish on a brag mat, tape measure, dpi guide rule. The fish are to be clearly photographed with the code word marked on it somewhere clearly.

Last year I had an issue where I caught a squid, took a photo of it on a brag mat I’d used earlier, you could only see partial letters of the code word despite it being obvious it was the same mat I’d used with other fish where the code word is clearly visible in the same location, later I was fishing on a mates boat. Caught a few bigger squid. Took a photo with the squid measured against a DPI ruler, then wrote the code word in pilchards sitting on half a dozen fresh squid. A member who wasn’t competing nor made any other posts in the entire thread called me out on it. I removed both entries so I wouldn’t be considered as ‘cheating’. However learning from this I understand you can’t always have a ruler with you, if you go to the trouble to measure a fish and then write the code word and take a photo with the code word and the fish but it is obvious it’s the same fish I’m happy with that as an entry. It will be at my discretion though and no one else’s. By all means if I can’t make a call I will open it up to the floor for discussion. As a group all calls were very fair last year.

Upgrading through-out the comp is allowed, e.g. you enter a 40cm Salmon, and later catch a 50cm Salmon. You cannot add up your catches of the same species though, only 1 fish from each of the 20 species counts towards your total cm’s

I can’t stress this enough, this competition is meant to be fun for all participants, so be honest, be fair, get a bit of smack talk happening if you’re a species leader, etc. etc.
You can enter catches by all methods of fishing with a rod and reel, be it boat, land based or kayak based. The entered fish doesn't have to be released but take a bit of care if you are to help its survival. The fish caught has to be within Victoria. Overall length of fish in Cm wins at June 30th 2015 at 4:00pm. If you're competing you need to have your "Fishing Victoria Species Comp 'x'cms" shown in your signature.

Run time, 1st July 2014 to Midnight 30th June 2015, entries to be cut off on New Year’s Day.

Cost, $25.

Whole Cm’s only. If it isn't clearly shown it can't be claimed. E.g. a 49.8cm Fish will be entered as a 49cm. I'd like a bit of honesty here. No point trying to sneak a cm or two. Like a wise man once said, only schoolboys lie about their length. All decisions made by me regarding the measurements are final. I’m not out to cheat anyone out of a prize but to be fair to all competitors we have to be pretty hard-line on all sketchy entries. Quite simply take a decent photo and there’s no chance of issues arising.

The code word is FVSC1415
Last edited by ducky on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ducky

Re: Fishing Victoria Species Comp 14/15

Post by ducky » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:21 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Members Entered and Paid

Basti
Fitzy90
Misheen
Just hooked
Sam Ogden
Broomstick
Scott Henning
ColonelFisher
Fishn104
abzz
DougieK
snapper snatcher
fshtim
Ducky
Last edited by ducky on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Im all keened up. Entered but didnt really make an effort last time. I ended up catching most species too haha. Will be on board in the next couple of weeks. The longer format seems great too me. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Aussie_moose

Post by Aussie_moose » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:24 pm

Pretty mustard for this, the last comp got me chasing things I normaly wouldnt. Cant wait to do it again but with more time

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the bank like an idiot, I excel in the latter!!!

George7

Post by George7 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Keen as for this, will get me out fishing for alot of species I dont normally target or have caught before.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Snapper Snatcher
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Snapper Snatcher » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:40 pm

Looking forward to it, thanks for organising.
Fishing Victoria Species Comp:

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:48 pm

Woo hoo its on again, this time i will remember that brag mat and hopefully put in a couple of crackers!!!!
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:51 pm

Snapper Snatcher wrote:Looking forward to it, thanks for organising.

Likewise...great work ducky !!!

But in the interest of fair play could you forward the entry code word to tuna tube early, hes struggling to catch even a toady at the moment so any extra help is needed.

hes no threat to take any prize, infact doubt he will even troulble the scoreboard to be honest...unless there is a very stupid flatty out there !

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

ducky

Post by ducky » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:52 pm

Where were my 3 reserved posts deleted? Haha

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:55 pm

ducky wrote:Where were my 3 reserved posts deleted? Haha
yes I think they were...I thought u were saving the space for your fish :thumbsup:
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “Fishing Competitions”