King George Whiting reports

King George Whiting, KGW, Ting
Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: 2012 King George Whiting reports

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:11 am

Thanks Carl :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

andyk

Post by andyk » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:21 am

CremeDeLaCreme wrote:St Leonards from the beach land based, or boat?

Cheers!
In the boat just out front of boat ramp and the tennis courts can't see why they would not be at the pier

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:48 pm

As a change from chasing the red carp ( Snapper) I headed down to the Reef Island Coronet Bay area sunday morning 11/11/12 not to early with King George whiting as the target fish

anyway I headed out to the weed line and parked up and set some baits nothing but 1 micro flatty , so a move was in order
As the tide was up a quick paddle across the shallow bank to the other side of RI I tryed a few new bits of broken ground that looked good enough to hold whiting but after a few more moves
I endded up on a mark that was fairly productive with a couple of 40 cm or better fish and I droped one that was easy another 40 cm fish
that was a double hook up on a 2 hook paternoster I couldn't net them as they both wonted to go in different directions
so tryed to lift them into the yak
the first was going stupid on the floor of the yak and the other hanging on the side of the yak the damm hook snapped off

while fishing that mark I picked up 7 KGW over 32 cm put back a few under 30 and got 2 good sized mullet and a few small salmon I kept 1 of these at 25 cm for bait
while fishing I got a wind knot tangled up but hooked up a smaller but just size whiting but the time I had hand lined it in there was a squid on it and had chewed the back of its head out
so it was used to bait a squid spike by the time the baited jig was near the bottom the squid was on it
I had sean what I thought were fish chasing my catchs but I now think they were squid each time it happened they looked quite brown in colour not the silvery colour of the whiting
as the tide droped my top little whiting mark was getting shallow ( less than 90 cm )so I moved out a bit deeper and set up a bit heaver gear for maybe a gummy
baited with some fresh salmon it didn't take to long for some action
but after probably a 10 min fight I got to see eddie the eagle a good 90 cm wing span maybe even a meter he didn't realy wont to up to shake hands
and after one good jump it hit the after burners and the reel sceamed a bit then snap went the 40 lb leader it probably nicked it with the tail
I guess it saved me cutting it off

now to be different today I took some live mussels and was shelling them out there ( cant get them fresher than that ) but if you put a piece of prawn on one hook and mussel on the other it was the prawn that got hit 9 times out of 10

so a kayaking good day on the water with some solid fish for a feed - its hard to beat fresh whiting on the table

Cheater
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 pm

man....cheater, not a single punctuation mark on your post? It was like a long sentence or a race caller's routine.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Fish-cador wrote:man....cheater, not a single punctuation mark on your post? It was like a long sentence or a race caller's routine.

and your point is !! I was never top of the class for grammer
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Yeah i past out from lack of oxygen. Tried to read it all without a full stop lol...... Good days fishing though. KGW should be here in Lakes soon.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

tboner

Post by tboner » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:36 pm

well done mate great catch there.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:59 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:man....cheater, not a single punctuation mark on your post? It was like a long sentence or a race caller's routine.

and your point is !! I was never top of the class for grammer

Please dont get me wrong on this I just wanted to tell you that it's hard to read your posts. Nice posts, nice reports but please help us understand your posts better. It is not about grammar or spelling. The use of punctuation marks help the readers understand the message better and locate the end of sentences. Commas will allow for pauses so we can breathe (?) :oops: :oops: :sick: :sick: :roflmao: . Use a DOT, ? or ! at the end of every sentence. Without these, it's hard to get the message across. You cant ask a question without using a question mark. Without the "?", the line can be interpreted 2 ways.

examples:

1. "Can I buy a bottle of water." - the use of DOT ïn the end may cause people to think there was a typo error and the mesage was meant to be "I can buy a bottle of water."

2. "I can buy a bottle of water?" - the use of ? ïn the end may cause people to think there was a typo error and the mesage was meant to be "Can I buy a bottle of water?"

and I hope you saw what retyred said...he almost passed out. :roflmao: :roflmao:

PEACE!
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Jeffs_gone_fishing

Post by Jeffs_gone_fishing » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Nice report Cheater. Do you target KGW in PPB?

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Jeffs_gone_fishing wrote:Nice report Cheater. Do you target KGW in PPB?
not a lot I find Westernport a lot safer to fish in a kayak than PPB - most of the guys in boats tend to lookout the front when they are moving .
and if it does blow up there is always land somewhere near you to head for
My kayak PBs

Cheater

Return to “Whiting Fishing”