Can’t think of too many but those little brown gudgeon things and two inch plague bream do annoy the cr@p out me.
Most of the time I’m just happy to catch a fish... any fish.
Search found 210 matches
- Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:09 am
- Forum: Off Topic Forum
- Topic: Interesting artical. Where do you stand?
- Replies: 18
- Views: 502
Bring it on! I envisage a time when every vehicle on the road is autonomous and able to communicate with other vehicles around it and with the road network. Less traffic jams, less car crashes, better traffic flow.... To me driving is just means of getting from point a to point b. Never got the whol...
- Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 am
- Forum: General
- Topic: Forum for asking Fishing Questions
- Replies: 83
- Views: 3180
Most baits work for mullet. My personal favourite is white bait, but have caught heaps on maggots, chicken marinated overnight in tuna oil, bread, dough, sandworm or whatever. Never had trouble with chicken falling apart. Can only assume it’s not properly thawed out (?). Keep your baits and hooks ti...
- Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 pm
- Forum: Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches
- Topic: Tips for Gunnamatta
- Replies: 22
- Views: 1553
Bait fish down there quite a bit when I’m feeling lazy and couldn’t be bothered walking the beach. By far the majority of fish caught have taken a surf popper (usually lime green, but blue or red have also taken a few). Take a variety of sinkers with you. Although you want to fish as light as you ca...
- Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 pm
- Forum: Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports
- Topic: Queenscliff harbour
- Replies: 14
- Views: 870
- Sun May 13, 2018 10:50 am
- Forum: Other Species
- Topic: Carp herpes virus - alarm bells ringing
- Replies: 27
- Views: 1247
You can find the study he is referring to here: https://www.pestsmart.org.au/final-report-phase-3-carp-herpesvirus-project-cyhv-3/ What he has failed to mention is that there were high mortalities in the control trials (i.e. non target species exposed to the same treatment just without the virus), ...